5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- second filial generation (F2)
- mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA)
- Western blot
- a More or less synonymous with phenotype.
- b ...
- c The progeny of a cross between two individuals from the F1 generation.
- d The subset of the genome found in the mitochondrion, specializing in providing some of the organelle's functions
- e A member of a pair of homologous chromosomes.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The progeny individuals arising from a cross of two homozygous diploid lines.
- Two successive nuclear divisions (with corresponding cell divisions) that produce gametes (in animals) or sexual spores (in plants and fungi) that have one-half of the genetic material of the original cell.
- Refers to an individual organism or cell having a genotype produced by recombination.
- The classical approach to genetic analysis, in which genes are first identified by mutant alleles and mutant phenotypes and later cloned and subjected to molecular analysis.
- A cross between two individuals identically heterozygous at one gene pair—for example, A/a × A/a.
5 True/False questions
product of meiosis → One of the (usually four) cells formed by the two meiotic divisions.
tetrad → (1) Four homologous chromatids in a bundle in the first meiotic prophase and metaphase. (2) The four haploid product cells from a single meiosis.
model organism → ...
chi-square (χ2) test → A statistical test used to determine the probability of obtaining observed proportions by chance, under a specific hypothesis.
histone → A type of basic protein that forms the unit around which DNA is coiled in the nucleosomes of eukaryotic chromosomes.