5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Prime Meridian
- Antarctic Circle
- Tropic Of Cancer
- a Longitude-Not Parallel
- b 66 degrees South (33')
- c 23 degrees North (26')
- d The Line of Longitude that runs through Greenwich, England is considered 0 degrees or the prime meridian
- e The distance east and west of the Prime Meridian
5 Multiple choice questions
- Measures 180 degrees.
- Shows the correct size of land masses. But the shapes are distorted
- March (About the 21st)-Sun is directly overhead at noon on the equator. Axis is tilted neither away or toward the sun
September(About the 23rd)-Sun is again directly overhead at noon on the equator
- We have Time Zones because the earth rotates
- December(About 21st)- South pole is closest to the sun.
Lack of sunlight brings winter to the northern hemisphere
June(About the 21st)-North pole is tilted closest to the sun. Brings summer to the northern hemisphere
5 True/False questions
South and North Poles → North 90 degrees North
and South 90 degrees South
The Robinson Projection → Shows correct shapes and directions but not true distances or sizes. Makes poles bigger than they are.
Equator → line of latitude at 0 degrees latitude
Climate → the average weather of a place over many years
Weather → Latitude is wrote before Longitude.