5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The Equal Area Projection
- Prime Meridian
- Time Zones
- The Robinson Projection
- a We have Time Zones because the earth rotates
- b The Line of Longitude that runs through Greenwich, England is considered 0 degrees or the prime meridian
- c Shows nearly the correct size and shape of most land areas. But even it has distortion especially in the areas around the edges of the map.
- d December(About 21st)- South pole is closest to the sun.
Lack of sunlight brings winter to the northern hemisphere
June(About the 21st)-North pole is tilted closest to the sun. Brings summer to the northern hemisphere
- e Shows the correct size of land masses. But the shapes are distorted
5 Multiple choice questions
- 66 degrees South (33')
- the condition of the air and sky at a certain time
- Latitude is wrote before Longitude.
- Measures 180 degrees.
5 True/False questions
The Mercator Projection → Shows nearly the correct size and shape of most land areas. But even it has distortion especially in the areas around the edges of the map.
Political Maps → Show political units: Countries, States, may show capitals or centers of Government and Major Cities
Lines Of Longitude → The distance east and west of the Prime Meridian
Climate → the average weather of a place over many years
Longitude → The distance north and south of the Equator