5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Major areas addressed in case management
- Information gathered during intake
- Areas of awareness to consider when designing an educational program on cultural diversity
- Role of case management in treatment process
- Definition of Case Management (Core Function #7)
- a The activities that bring services, agencies, resources, or people together within a plannedframework of action toward the achievement of established goals.
- b Pervades the treatment process and is a component of all core functions.
- c Will be used to begin a treatment plan.
- d Pluralistic orientation, cultural knowledge, consciousness-raising, and experiential training
- e Health problems, psychological testing, family therapy, continuing education, special therapy groups, and legal issues
5 Multiple choice questions
- The client establishes an increased sense of self-worth and becomes more investing in accomplishing the treatment goals.
- A common error made by counselors when conducting an assessment.
- When client has consented in writing; when disclosure involves internal communications; when communications do not disclose client identifying information; when there is a medical emergency; when a disclosure is court-ordered; when the client commits or threatens to commit a crime against the program or its personnel; when needed by qualified persons authorized to conduct audits, research or program evaluations; or when there is child abuse and neglect
- Any significant event during the treatment process that threatens to jeopardize or destroy the treatment effort. Crises have many causes and may or may not be related to alcohol or other drug use.
5 True/False questions
Instillation of Hope → Any significant event during the treatment process that threatens to jeopardize or destroy the treatment effort. Crises have many causes and may or may not be related to alcohol or other drug use.
Assessment (Core Function #4) → May take place before, during, or after screening and intake. It must take place before treatment begins.
Definition of Orientation (Core Function #3) → The procedure by which the counselor/program identifies and evaluates an individual's strengths, weaknesses, problems, and needs for the development of the treatment plan.
Styles of Learning → Situational- the circumstances cause the upset
Developmental- the process of growing through life stages can cause upset
Intrapsychic- thoughts and feelings cause upset
Existential- sense of emptiness and lack of purpose in life can cause upset
Screening (Core Function #1) → The process by which a client is determined appropriate and eligible for admission to a particular program.