5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Definition of Crisis Intervention (Core Function #8)
- Types of Trauma
- Role of case management in treatment process
- a Pervades the treatment process and is a component of all core functions.
- b Situational- the circumstances cause the upset
Developmental- the process of growing through life stages can cause upset
Intrapsychic- thoughts and feelings cause upset
Existential- sense of emptiness and lack of purpose in life can cause upset
- c Interpersonal learning
- d Applies to all
- e Those services which respond to an alcohol and/or other drug abuser's needs during acute emotional and/or physical distress.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The counselor should seek the least restrictive level of intervention/care first.
- Any significant event during the treatment process that threatens to jeopardize or destroy the treatment effort. Crises have many causes and may or may not be related to alcohol or other drug use.
- To provide all the needed services to meet the client's unique needs regardless of what agency provides the care.
- Acute intoxication and/or withdrawal potential
Biomedical conditions and complications
Emotional/behavioral conditions and complications
Relapse/continued use potential
- Lack of support in home environment, lack of interests that support sobriety, prior sexual abuse, marital difficulties, adult child of addicted parent(s), lack of alcohol-free peer group, recent death of significant other, lack of confidence in ability to make new friends
5 True/False questions
Groups with diverse ethnic and cultural memberships → Establish rapport
Gather relevant data
Reframe the crisis into a solvable problem
Help client examine realistic options
Arrange for follow-up
Screening (Core Function #1) → The essential first step in determining the possible causes of addiction for the person and the most appropriate treatment modality for his or her needs.
Altruism → Release of emotions
Group Cohesiveness → Ensures transfer to appropriate level of care at the appropriate time.
Examples of a Situational Crisis → Death of a loved one, serious illness, positive test result for HIV infection