5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Definition of Referral (Core Function #10)
- Activities during the intake process (CF #2)
- Information gathered during intake
- Circumstances when federal regulations allow disclosure of client information
- Definition of Counseling (Core Function #6)
- a The utilizaiton of special skills to assist individuals, families, or groups in achieving objectives through exploration of a problem and its ramifications; examination of attitudes and feelings; consideration of alternative solutions; and decision making.
- b Will be used to begin a treatment plan.
- c When client has consented in writing; when disclosure involves internal communications; when communications do not disclose client identifying information; when there is a medical emergency; when a disclosure is court-ordered; when the client commits or threatens to commit a crime against the program or its personnel; when needed by qualified persons authorized to conduct audits, research or program evaluations; or when there is child abuse and neglect
- d completing forms for eligibility and admission to the program, discussing information about confidentiality, obtaining signed consent forms, taking a substance abuse history, mental health history, family history, and a social history
- e The identification ofthe client's needs that cannot be met by the counselor or angency and assisting the client to use the support systems and community resources available.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The client establishes an increased sense of self-worth and becomes more investing in accomplishing the treatment goals.
- Sense of togetherness
- Release of emotions
- Enlarging the individual concern to a common theme so all members can relate to it.
- Health problems, psychological testing, family therapy, continuing education, special therapy groups, and legal issues
5 True/False questions
Styles of Learning → Situational- the circumstances cause the upset
Developmental- the process of growing through life stages can cause upset
Intrapsychic- thoughts and feelings cause upset
Existential- sense of emptiness and lack of purpose in life can cause upset
Empathy → Interpersonal learning
Client Rights → To provide all the needed services to meet the client's unique needs regardless of what agency provides the care.
Reasons to explain rational of case management to client → Health problems, psychological testing, family therapy, continuing education, special therapy groups, and legal issues
Treatment Planning (Core Function #5) → Should be individualized and based on the client's particular problems and needs.