5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ___ poured large amounts of money into inner cities to improve housing and living conditions
- (SA) Why was the US military unable to win the Vietnam war?
- He became the first African American cabinet officer as the head of HUD.
- _______ became the Largest welfare program since the New Deal
- Who considered Martin Luther King's methods too slow and peaceful?
- a HUD
- b Malcolm X
- c the government tried to run the war instead of letting the military take control and because of the media
- d Robert Weaver
- e The Great Society
5 Multiple choice questions
- "War on Poverty"
- Barry Goldwater
- the hippie movement, free love, drugs, protests
- Six Day War
- the USS Triton
5 True/False questions
prohibited discrimination in renting or selling houses → Fair Housing Act
Martin Luther King insisted on what to end racial discrimination? → nonviolent demonstrations
supported the fight against communism → Doves
The first black associate justice appointed to the supreme Court. → William Westmoreland
designed to provide medical care for the elderly under the Social Security system. → Appalachian Development Act