5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Those who possess a disproportionate share of political power are defined as
- Compared with the 1950s, government's involvement in the everyday lives of Americans in the 1990s is
- Today the U.S. federal income tax takes an average of what percent of taxpayers' income?
- The term democracy was originally associated with
- The fact that the rich are taxed more heavily than the poor and that amendments that gave voting rights to minorities were passed by large majorities suggests that
- a even though most politicians are middle class, white Protestant men, the people are in charge and they have insisted on equality
- b regimes that were as close as possible to Aristotle's definition "rule of many"
- c elite
- d playing a larger part.
- e 21%
5 Multiple choice questions
- Alexander Hamilton
- private, public
- not a popular view
- When a circumstance is too complicated for the "average citizen" to understand.
5 True/False questions
By "authority" the authors mean → get someone else to do their own intentions.
The author cites the early presidential admin, the Civil War, and the New Deal, as examples of struggles over → legitimate authority
The text suggest that, in the United States, no government at any level would be considered legitimate if it were not in some sense → purpose
When the Farmers of the Constitution wrote "republican form of government" they were referring to → representative democracy
The term participatory democracy applies most accurately to what society? → New England