5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Those who possess a disproportionate share of political power are defined as
- The text argues that political power is inextricably bound with
- The term democracy was originally associated with
- By "authority" the authors mean
- Representative democracy is sometimes disapprovingly referred to as the _____ theory of democracy.
- a the right to use power
- b purpose
- c regimes that were as close as possible to Aristotle's definition "rule of many"
- d elite
- e elitist
5 Multiple choice questions
- get someone else to do their own intentions.
- playing a larger part.
- even though most politicians are middle class, white Protestant men, the people are in charge and they have insisted on equality
- New England
- governmental office
5 True/False questions
Under what circumstances would a majoritarian politics normally not be effective? → purpose
The primary source of legitimate political authority in the United States is the → Constitution
The text suggest that, in the United States, no government at any level would be considered legitimate if it were not in some sense → purpose
The text notes a tendency for issues that one were ____ to become____. → purpose
At the time of the Constitutional Convention, the view that a democratic government was desirable was → not a popular view