5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The text suggest that, in the United States, no government at any level would be considered legitimate if it were not in some sense
- Individuals have power when they are able to
- Today the U.S. federal income tax takes an average of what percent of taxpayers' income?
- Formal authority refers to a right to exercise power that id derived from a
- When the Farmers of the Constitution wrote "republican form of government" they were referring to
- a governmental office
- b democratic.
- c representative democracy
- d get someone else to do their own intentions.
- e 21%
5 Multiple choice questions
- Alexander Hamilton
- playing a larger part.
- not a popular view
5 True/False questions
What are the requirements for a representative democracy? → regimes that were as close as possible to Aristotle's definition "rule of many"
Those who possess a disproportionate share of political power are defined as → purpose
The term democracy was originally associated with → purpose
The author cites the early presidential admin, the Civil War, and the New Deal, as examples of struggles over → legitimate authority
Under what circumstances would a majoritarian politics normally not be effective? → When a circumstance is too complicated for the "average citizen" to understand.