5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Representative democracy is sometimes disapprovingly referred to as the _____ theory of democracy.
- The text argues that political power is inextricably bound with
- The author cites the early presidential admin, the Civil War, and the New Deal, as examples of struggles over
- The primary source of legitimate political authority in the United States is the
- By "authority" the authors mean
- a Constitution
- b legitimate authority
- c purpose
- d elitist
- e the right to use power
5 Multiple choice questions
- not a popular view
- Alexander Hamilton
- get someone else to do their own intentions.
- private, public
- When a circumstance is too complicated for the "average citizen" to understand.
5 True/False questions
The text suggest that, in the United States, no government at any level would be considered legitimate if it were not in some sense → purpose
Compared with the 1950s, government's involvement in the everyday lives of Americans in the 1990s is → A opportunity for genuine leadership competition
When the Farmers of the Constitution wrote "republican form of government" they were referring to → representative democracy
The fact that the rich are taxed more heavily than the poor and that amendments that gave voting rights to minorities were passed by large majorities suggests that → legitimate authority
Today the U.S. federal income tax takes an average of what percent of taxpayers' income? → A opportunity for genuine leadership competition