5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The text notes a tendency for issues that one were ____ to become____.
- The fact that the rich are taxed more heavily than the poor and that amendments that gave voting rights to minorities were passed by large majorities suggests that
- Today the U.S. federal income tax takes an average of what percent of taxpayers' income?
- When the Farmers of the Constitution wrote "republican form of government" they were referring to
- At the time of the Constitutional Convention, the view that a democratic government was desirable was
- a not a popular view
- b even though most politicians are middle class, white Protestant men, the people are in charge and they have insisted on equality
- c private, public
- d 21%
- e representative democracy
5 Multiple choice questions
- When a circumstance is too complicated for the "average citizen" to understand.
- New England
- Alexander Hamilton
- the right to use power
5 True/False questions
The author cites the early presidential admin, the Civil War, and the New Deal, as examples of struggles over → even though most politicians are middle class, white Protestant men, the people are in charge and they have insisted on equality
The text suggest that, in the United States, no government at any level would be considered legitimate if it were not in some sense → democratic.
The text argues that political power is inextricably bound with → regimes that were as close as possible to Aristotle's definition "rule of many"
What are the requirements for a representative democracy? → A opportunity for genuine leadership competition
Formal authority refers to a right to exercise power that id derived from a → A opportunity for genuine leadership competition