5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Individuals have power when they are able to
- The term democracy was originally associated with
- The primary source of legitimate political authority in the United States is the
- The term participatory democracy applies most accurately to what society?
- By "authority" the authors mean
- a the right to use power
- b regimes that were as close as possible to Aristotle's definition "rule of many"
- c Constitution
- d get someone else to do their own intentions.
- e New England
5 Multiple choice questions
- A opportunity for genuine leadership competition
- Alexander Hamilton
- When a circumstance is too complicated for the "average citizen" to understand.
5 True/False questions
The text notes a tendency for issues that one were ____ to become____. → private, public
The author cites the early presidential admin, the Civil War, and the New Deal, as examples of struggles over → even though most politicians are middle class, white Protestant men, the people are in charge and they have insisted on equality
Compared with the 1950s, government's involvement in the everyday lives of Americans in the 1990s is → A opportunity for genuine leadership competition
Formal authority refers to a right to exercise power that id derived from a → A opportunity for genuine leadership competition
Today the U.S. federal income tax takes an average of what percent of taxpayers' income? → 21%