5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- When the Farmers of the Constitution wrote "republican form of government" they were referring to
- Which delegate to the Constitutional Convention was worried that the new government that he helped to create might be too democratic?
- The text notes a tendency for issues that one were ____ to become____.
- Formal authority refers to a right to exercise power that id derived from a
- Under what circumstances would a majoritarian politics normally not be effective?
- a governmental office
- b When a circumstance is too complicated for the "average citizen" to understand.
- c Alexander Hamilton
- d private, public
- e representative democracy
5 Multiple choice questions
- even though most politicians are middle class, white Protestant men, the people are in charge and they have insisted on equality
- New England
5 True/False questions
Representative democracy is sometimes disapprovingly referred to as the _____ theory of democracy. → regimes that were as close as possible to Aristotle's definition "rule of many"
The text argues that political power is inextricably bound with → purpose
What are the requirements for a representative democracy? → A opportunity for genuine leadership competition
Today the U.S. federal income tax takes an average of what percent of taxpayers' income? → A opportunity for genuine leadership competition
The author cites the early presidential admin, the Civil War, and the New Deal, as examples of struggles over → even though most politicians are middle class, white Protestant men, the people are in charge and they have insisted on equality