5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Compared with the 1950s, government's involvement in the everyday lives of Americans in the 1990s is
- The term participatory democracy applies most accurately to what society?
- Those who possess a disproportionate share of political power are defined as
- Which delegate to the Constitutional Convention was worried that the new government that he helped to create might be too democratic?
- At the time of the Constitutional Convention, the view that a democratic government was desirable was
- a elite
- b Alexander Hamilton
- c New England
- d playing a larger part.
- e not a popular view
5 Multiple choice questions
- regimes that were as close as possible to Aristotle's definition "rule of many"
- get someone else to do their own intentions.
- A opportunity for genuine leadership competition
- the right to use power
- private, public
5 True/False questions
Representative democracy is sometimes disapprovingly referred to as the _____ theory of democracy. → elitist
Formal authority refers to a right to exercise power that id derived from a → A opportunity for genuine leadership competition
The fact that the rich are taxed more heavily than the poor and that amendments that gave voting rights to minorities were passed by large majorities suggests that → even though most politicians are middle class, white Protestant men, the people are in charge and they have insisted on equality
The author cites the early presidential admin, the Civil War, and the New Deal, as examples of struggles over → even though most politicians are middle class, white Protestant men, the people are in charge and they have insisted on equality
The text suggest that, in the United States, no government at any level would be considered legitimate if it were not in some sense → democratic.