5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Individuals have power when they are able to
- The text suggest that, in the United States, no government at any level would be considered legitimate if it were not in some sense
- The text notes a tendency for issues that one were ____ to become____.
- Those who possess a disproportionate share of political power are defined as
- Formal authority refers to a right to exercise power that id derived from a
- a elite
- b private, public
- c democratic.
- d get someone else to do their own intentions.
- e governmental office
5 Multiple choice questions
- legitimate authority
- A opportunity for genuine leadership competition
- not a popular view
- representative democracy
5 True/False questions
The fact that the rich are taxed more heavily than the poor and that amendments that gave voting rights to minorities were passed by large majorities suggests that → private, public
Which delegate to the Constitutional Convention was worried that the new government that he helped to create might be too democratic? → not a popular view
The text argues that political power is inextricably bound with → regimes that were as close as possible to Aristotle's definition "rule of many"
Today the U.S. federal income tax takes an average of what percent of taxpayers' income? → 21%
The term participatory democracy applies most accurately to what society? → regimes that were as close as possible to Aristotle's definition "rule of many"