5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which delegate to the Constitutional Convention was worried that the new government that he helped to create might be too democratic?
- At the time of the Constitutional Convention, the view that a democratic government was desirable was
- The primary source of legitimate political authority in the United States is the
- Compared with the 1950s, government's involvement in the everyday lives of Americans in the 1990s is
- The author cites the early presidential admin, the Civil War, and the New Deal, as examples of struggles over
- a Alexander Hamilton
- b not a popular view
- c legitimate authority
- d Constitution
- e playing a larger part.
5 Multiple choice questions
- get someone else to do their own intentions.
- private, public
5 True/False questions
Today the U.S. federal income tax takes an average of what percent of taxpayers' income? → A opportunity for genuine leadership competition
Formal authority refers to a right to exercise power that id derived from a → governmental office
The text suggest that, in the United States, no government at any level would be considered legitimate if it were not in some sense → democratic.
The term participatory democracy applies most accurately to what society? → regimes that were as close as possible to Aristotle's definition "rule of many"
When the Farmers of the Constitution wrote "republican form of government" they were referring to → not a popular view