This method is sometimes called the pastry method because it is like that used for mixing pie pastry
Define muffin method?
This method is used for pancakes, waffles and many loaf type quick breads. It is fast and easy and the dough can quickly become overmixed. They are tend to be a little drier than bread and cake.
Define creaming methods?
This method is a cake mixing method that is sometimes applied to muffins and loaf breads. It is a more time consuming procedures than the muffin method.
Define the Biscuit procedures?
(1) Scale ingred (2) Sift dry ingred (3) Cut in the shortening and mix (4) Combine the liq ingred only (5) Add the liq and dry ingred (6) Knead it lightly (7) Repeat the procedures 6 - 10 times
Define the Muffin procedures?
(1) Sift all dry ingred (2) Combine all Liq ingreds (3) Add liq to Dry and mix (4) Pand and Bake
Define the Creaming procedures?
(1) Combine fat, sugar and milk powder (2) Blend into paste (3) Add the eggs and blend (4) Add the water or milk and mix (5) Sift flour and baking powder and add to bowl, mix to a smooth dough
What temp should muffin be cook?
350 - 400 F
What temp should donuts be cook?
350 - 375F
A baked product made of thin batter, leavened only by stem and characterized by large holes on the inside?
Steamed Brown bread
The mixing method used to prepared yeast-raised doughnuts is called?
Modified straight dough method.
You should proof doughnuts at what type of temp and humidity?
Low temp and low humidity
What are the seven cares of frying fat?
(1) Use good flavorless fat (2) Fry at proper temp (3) Maintain fat at proper level in fryer (4) Do not fry to many at the same time (5) Keep fat clean (6) Discard spent old fat (7) Keep fat covered when not in use
Why does too low frying temp makes doughnuts greasy?
it extends frying time
Doughnuts should be what before finishing with sugar or coating?
They should be cooled and drained
What are made from Eclair paste?
A deep fried item made of or coated with a batter or dough
Name the two type of fritters?
(1) Simple fritters (2) Fruit frittes
Define Beignet Souffle?
Fried elcair Paste
Indian deep fried pastry soaked in syrup
Define Bismarks doughnuts?
Another name from German for a jelly filled doughnuts
they are thin unleavened pancakes
How are American style pancakes and waffles made?
Muffin method with pour batters
What is the different between waffle or pancakes formulas?
- Waffle batter contains more fat - Waffle batter contains less liq - Whipping eggs white in waffles add lightness
Batter leavened by baking soda should not be what?
Do not make this too far ahead because the soda will lose its power
What is the most famous of all crepes desserts?
Fried Italian pastries made in a tube shapes, generally with a sweet cream or cheese filling