5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a -adjective
intended to regulate personal habits on moral or religious grounds.
- b -noun
1.hormone secreted upon stimulation by the central nervous system in response to stress, anger or fear, and acting to increase heart rate, blood pressure etc.
- c a prophetic revelation, especially one concerning the end of the world, when good triumphs over evil
- d adjective
1. pertaining to the world/earth/universe (sometimes as contrasted with heaven); worldly; earthly
2.common; ordinary; unimaginative.
- e (adj.) having a sharp vibrating sound; a nasally voice quality
5 Multiple choice questions
1. the act of saving anything from fire, danger, etc.
2.the property saved
3.to save from shipwreck, fire, etc.
- a jellied gasoline used for bombs
1. gross injustice or wickedness.
2. a violation of right or duty; wicked act; sin.
1. a person who dedicates his or her life to a pursuit of contemplative ideals and practices extreme self-denial or self-mortification for religious reasons.
2. a person who leads an austerely simple life, abstaining from the normal pleasures of life and denying himself or herself material satisfaction.
3. (in the early Christian church) a monk; hermit.
-adjective Also, as⋅cet⋅i⋅cal.
4. pertaining to asceticism.
5. rigorously abstinent, austere, or exceedingly strict or severe in religious exercises or self-mortification.
1.a deadly or virulent epidemic disease, like theBUBONIC PLAGUE.
2.something that is considered harmful, destructive, or evil.
5 True/False questions
gules → -noun
2.adjective: of the color red
lascivious → -adjective
1.promising success; propitious; opportune; favorable:
2.favored by fortune; prosperous; fortunate.
infamy → -noun, plural -tries.
1. a branch of armed soldiers that fight on foot
catharsis → noun
1. relieving of emotional tensions, esp. through certain kinds of art, as tragedy or music.
salamander → any of various typically terrestrial amphibians that resemble lizards and that return to water only to breed
2. mythical creature that lives in fire
3. metal plate heated to glaze baked good
4. oven heated by gas