5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a -noun
2. a revolving belt, track or other device on which items are placed for later retrieval
- b torn and in bad condition
- c -adjective
1.promising success; propitious; opportune; favorable:
2.favored by fortune; prosperous; fortunate.
- d 1.absolutely necessary or required; unavoidable
2. expressing a command
3. a command.
4.an unavoidable obligation or requirement that demands attention; necessity
- e -adjective
incapable of being accounted for or explained.
5 Multiple choice questions
- to free from guilt or blame, vindicate
- a word or phrase that reads the same backward as forward
1. requital according to merits or deserts, esp. for evil.
2. something given or inflicted in such requital.
1.a sudden, unpredictable change, as of one's mind or the weather.
2.a tendency to change one's mind without apparent or adequate motive; whimsicality; capriciousness
- -verb (used with object)
1. to drink
2. to absorb or soak up, as water, light, or heat
3. to take or receive into the mind
-verb (used without object)
4. to drink (alcoholic beverages)
5 True/False questions
cockeyed → adjective
1. having a squinting eye.
2.twisted, tilted, or slanted to one side.
foolish; absurd, intoxicated, wrong
Spartan → of sparta, or sternly disciplined and simple, brave, austere
twangy → -noun
1.extreme, excessive patriot; a war monger who favors violent foreign policy
1. of jingoes/jingoism
5.by jingo! Informal: I know you can do it, by jingo!
lurid → adjective
1. gruesome; horrible; revolting
2. glaringly vivid or sensational; shocking
3. terrible in intensity, fierce passion, or unrestraint
4. shining with an unnatural, fiery glow; wildly or garishly red
5. wan, pallid, or ghastly in hue; livid.
volition → -noun
1.a military unit consisting of two or more squads/sections and a headquarters
2.a small unit of a police force.
3.a company or group of persons