5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a -noun
1.a bone of the pectoral arch.
- b verb (used with object)
1. to say or plead in protest, objection, or disapproval.
(used without object)
2. to present reasons in complaint; plead in protest.
- c 1.rightness of principle or conduct; moral virtue, correctness
- d an ornament or pattern resembling a rose that is sometimes worn as a badge of office or as recognition of having won an honor
- e adjective
1.from a natural impulse or tendency; without effort or premeditation; unconstrained; unplanned
2.(of a person) given to acting upon sudden impulses.
3.(of natural phenomena) arising from internal forces or causes; self-acting.
5 Multiple choice questions
1. having high (sometimes hypocritical) reverence for God/virtue/authority or an earnest wish to fulfill religious obligations.
2. falsely earnest, devout or sincere
3. pertaining to religious devotion; sacred
1.disposed to be silent or hesitant to speak; reserved, reluctant or restrained
1. a biologically related ancestor
2. a person or thing that first indicates a direction, originates something, or serves as a model; predecessor; precursor
1.producing an intended effect; adequate.
2. valid or binding, as an agreement or document.
- -verb (used with object)
1.to make repayment or do in return for something (done or given)
2.to make retaliation for wrongdoings; avenge.
5 True/False questions
eviscerate → -verb (used with object)
1.to remove the contents of or remove the entrails from; disembowel
2.to deprive of essential parts
babushka → a head scarf shaped like a triangle, russian grandmother
ostracize → verb (with object)
1. to assail with contemptuous or opprobrious language; address or speak of abusively.
2. to speak abusively
infantry → noun
1. extremely bad reputation, public reproach, or strong condemnation as the result of a shameful, criminal, or outrageous act
bourgeois → -noun
1. a member of the middle class.
2. a person whose political, economic, and social opinions are believed to be determined mainly by concern for property values and conventional respectability.
3. a shopkeeper or merchant.
4. characteristic of the middle class.
5.characterized by materialistic pursuits or concerns.