5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a -verb (used with object)
1.to remove the contents of or remove the entrails from; disembowel
2.to deprive of essential parts
- b deserving or causing hatred; hateful; detestable
- c adjective
1. concealing one's identity, as under an assumed name, esp. to avoid notice
1. done with real identity concealed
3. a person who is incognito, or his/her disguise
4. the state of being incognito.
- d -noun
1. evidence that establishes/confirms the accuracy or truth of something
2. the process of research/ examination, required to establish authenticity or validity
- e heavier or larger on one side than the other; uneven
5 Multiple choice questions
- (adj.) having a sharp vibrating sound; a nasally voice quality
the violation/profanation, or stealing of anything sacred or held sacred.
- a branched, decorative, sometimes ornate, light fixture suspended from a ceiling
1.extreme, excessive patriot; a war monger who favors violent foreign policy
1. of jingoes/jingoism
5.by jingo! Informal: I know you can do it, by jingo!
- -verb (used with object)
1. to pity/feel sorry for/show sympathy; empathize with
-verb (used without object)
2. to sympathize (usually fol. by with)
5 True/False questions
lascivious → adjective
1. marked by or attended with ignominy; discreditable; humiliating
2. bearing or deserving ignominy; contemptible.
chattel → an item of personal, movable property; slave
acquiescence → -adjective
1. vanishing; fading away; fleeting.
pious → -adjective
1. having high (sometimes hypocritical) reverence for God/virtue/authority or an earnest wish to fulfill religious obligations.
2. falsely earnest, devout or sincere
3. pertaining to religious devotion; sacred
pedagogy → noun
1. wild uproar and confusion.
2.an insane asylum or madhouse.