5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a noun
1. insulting display of contempt in words or actions; contemptuous or humiliating treatment.
2. a humiliating insult
- b an item of personal, movable property; slave
- c -noun
1. a member of the middle class.
2. a person whose political, economic, and social opinions are believed to be determined mainly by concern for property values and conventional respectability.
3. a shopkeeper or merchant.
4. characteristic of the middle class.
5.characterized by materialistic pursuits or concerns.
- d -noun, plural -mas.
1.a person or thing detested or loathed:
2.a person or thing accursed or doomed to damnation or destruction.
3.a formal ecclesiastical curse involving excommunication
- e -noun
1.a flat, dull, or trite remark, uttered as if it were fresh or profound.
2.the state of being flat, dull, or trite
5 Multiple choice questions
the violation/profanation, or stealing of anything sacred or held sacred.
- -noun, plural -tries.
1. a branch of armed soldiers that fight on foot
- a prophetic revelation, especially one concerning the end of the world, when good triumphs over evil
- a general truth or rule of conduct; a short saying
capacity for producing a desired result or effect; effectiveness
5 True/False questions
jingo → adjective
1. gruesome; horrible; revolting
2. glaringly vivid or sensational; shocking
3. terrible in intensity, fierce passion, or unrestraint
4. shining with an unnatural, fiery glow; wildly or garishly red
5. wan, pallid, or ghastly in hue; livid.
spontaneous → a plan, scheme, or trick for surprising or deceiving an enemy
ignominious → adjective
1.inclined to lustfulness; wanton; lewd
2.arousing sexual desire
3.indicating sexual interest or expressive of lust or lewdness
retribution → -noun
1. requital according to merits or deserts, esp. for evil.
2. something given or inflicted in such requital.
cumulus → a heap, or Puffy, white clouds that tend to have flat bottoms