5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Keyed Name
- double space
- Guide Words
- mixed punctuation
- a author's typed name.
- b The spacing between the paragraphs of a busines letter is
- c a heading typed at the beginning of a memorandum consisting of TO, FROM, DATE, SUBJECT; these four words should be typed in bold, all caps, and should be followed by a colon
- d the key used to align the guide words in a memo
- e (standard) means that a colon is keyed after the salutation (Dear Mr. Smith:) and a comma after the complimentary close (Sincerely,)
5 Multiple choice questions
- the address of the receiver of the letter
- Use lowercase (c ) by the name of the person(s) to receive a copy. Place the copy notation a double space below the last line of the enclosure notation or the reference line if there is no enclosure.
- A special notation at the end of a letter that indicates that an item(s) is included with the letter.
- All parts of a letter begin at the left margin, including the paragraphs
- Spaces between the date and inside address of a letter and space between the complimentary close and keyed name.
5 True/False questions
Handwritten signature → Author's handwritten/signed name. Placed on the printed copy of the letter.
Memo → the key used to align the guide words in a memo
Body → Main text of a personal letter, business letter, memo, email, or report.
typist initials → lowercase initials of the person typing the letter
Attachment notation → indicates that another document is attached to a letter