5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Cells vary in appearance, size, and shape.
- Endoplasmic Reticulum
- Evidence: mitochondria/chloroplasts resemble bacteria
- a Consists of cytosol--->jelly-like mixture
Consists of organelles
- b Irregular maze of interconnected spaces enclosed by a membrane that transports material through-out the cell
-Smooth ER:synthesis of lipids, carbs., steroids
-Rough ER: protein synthesis through ribosomes
- c Size
Single circular DNA molecule
70 S. ribosome
Have own DNA and machinery
- d Enclosed in the nuclear envelope, contains most of the cells molecules of DNA that later condense into chromosomes as a cell prepares to divide.
- e ...
5 Multiple choice questions
- No nucleus
DNA-one circular chromosome
DNA not associated with histones
No membrane enclosed organelles
Divide by binary fission
DNA enclosed in nucleus, multiple linear chromosomes DNA associated with histones,non-histone proteins
Membrane enclosed organelles
- Ostritch egg
- Maintain 3-D structure of the cell
Movement of organelles (microtubules)
Generate contractile forces (actin filaments)
Strengthen cell (intermediate filaments)
5 True/False questions
Model Organisms → Contain own DNAand reproduce by dividing in two.
Thought to derive from bacteria that were engulfed by some ancestor of present-day eucaryotic cells, creating a symbiotic relationship.
Contain chlorophyll/enzymes involved in photosynthesis to generate sugar and oxygen.
Generate food and oxygen for mitochondria to use.
All present day cells evolved from the same ancestor. → ...
Lysosomes → Contain digestive enzymes
Ribosomes → Contain digestive enzymes
Procaryote = before nucleus → Contain Bacteria/Archaea