5 Written questions
3 Matching questions
- Cell shape depends on function
- Largest cell (length)
- 3 Domains of Life
- a Giant squid nerve cell (39ft)
- b ...
- c Archaea, Bacteria, Eukarya
5 Multiple choice questions
- E. Coli., brewers yeast, Arabidopsis, fly, mouse, fish, worm, human
Easy to grow
- Packages/modifies molecules received from ER then transports
- Surface/volume ratio:volume increases faster than surface area.
Nucleus(the brain): can only control certain amount of active cytoplasm.
- Temporary storage organelles involved in transport by the processes of endocytosis/exocytosis
5 True/False questions
All organisms carry out gene expression:
-flow of genetic info.
-allows for growth/processes → Replication--->Transcription--->Translation
Ribosomes → Protein synthesis
Cytoplasm → Consists of cytosol--->jelly-like mixture
Consists of organelles
Procaryotes Vs. Eucaryotes → No nucleus
DNA-one circular chromosome
DNA not associated with histones
No membrane enclosed organelles
Divide by binary fission
DNA enclosed in nucleus, multiple linear chromosomes DNA associated with histones,non-histone proteins
Membrane enclosed organelles
Nucleus → Temporary storage organelles involved in transport by the processes of endocytosis/exocytosis