5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mercalli Scale
- Pacific Ring of Fire
- Shallow-focus earthquakes
- a expresses the intensity of an earthquake with a Roman numeral and description
- b the point on the earth's surface directly above the focus
- c cause the most damage
- d move the fastest, and are the first to be recorded
- e major earthquake zone that forms a ring around the Pacific ocean
5 Multiple choice questions
- What classifies a major earthquake and what classifies a microquake?
- If the S-waves arrive shortly after the P-waves then the epicenter is located______ the seismograph.
- zone of rock where the fault is locked, and no major earthquakes have happened in a long time
- What two events cause a tsunami?
- Which one travels faster?
5 True/False questions
Seismic Gaps → What can S-waves NOT travel through?
Liquids → What can S-waves travel through?
Surface Waves → move the slowest, and are the last to be recorded
S-Waves → move the fastest, and are the first to be recorded
Aftershocks → the area along a fault where slippage first occurs