5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mercalli Scale
- Solids and Liquids
- Surface Waves
- a What can P-waves travel through?
- b the area along a fault where slippage first occurs
- c move the slowest, and are the last to be recorded
- d 90% of continental earthquakes have a __________ focus.
- e expresses the intensity of an earthquake with a Roman numeral and description
5 Multiple choice questions
- tremor that follows and is smaller that a major earthquake
- Which one travels faster?
- What can S-waves NOT travel through?
- a measure of the energy released by an earthquake
- How many seismograph locations are needed to locate the epicenter of an earthquake?
5 True/False questions
Intermediate-focus earthquakes → occur at a depth between 70km-300km
Faulting and underwater landslides → What can P-waves travel through?
Solids → What can S-waves travel through?
Damage → How many seismograph locations are needed to locate the epicenter of an earthquake?
Epicenter → the point on the earth's surface directly above the focus