5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Intermediate-focus earthquakes
- Faulting and underwater landslides
- Mercalli Scale
- a What two events cause a tsunami?
- b move the fastest, and are the first to be recorded
- c can only travel through solids, and are the second to be recored
- d expresses the intensity of an earthquake with a Roman numeral and description
- e occur at a depth between 70km-300km
5 Multiple choice questions
- If the S-waves arrive shortly after the P-waves then the epicenter is located______ the seismograph.
- cause the most damage
- zone of rock where the fault is locked, and no major earthquakes have happened in a long time
- The amount of energy released by an earthquake is measured as?
- tremor that follows and is smaller that a major earthquake
5 True/False questions
Seismic Gaps → move the slowest, and are the last to be recorded
San Andreas Fault → move the slowest, and are the last to be recorded
Solids → What can S-waves NOT travel through?
Shallow → 90% of continental earthquakes have a __________ focus.
Pacific Ring of Fire → What can P-waves travel through?