5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a the point on the earth's surface directly above the focus
- b earthquake with a 2.5 or less magnitude
- c Which one travels faster?
- d giant ocean wave that often occurs after a major earthquake with an epicenter on the ocean floor
- e The Mercalli Scale includes a description that expresses what?
5 Multiple choice questions
- cause the most damage
- move the fastest, and are the first to be recorded
- What classifies a major earthquake and what classifies a microquake?
- If the S-waves arrive shortly after the P-waves then the epicenter is located______ the seismograph.
- What two events cause a tsunami?
5 True/False questions
Seismic Gaps → What can S-waves travel through?
where friction prevents the rocks from moving past each other → What is a "locked" fault?
Seismic Gaps → the point on the earth's surface directly above the focus
Magnitude → The Mercalli Scale includes a description that expresses what?
Mercalli Scale → a measure of the energy released by an earthquake