5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Faulting and underwater landslides
- Seismic Gaps
- San Andreas Fault
- a Pacific plates slip northwest along the north american plate
- b What two events cause a tsunami?
- c zone of rock where the fault is locked, and no major earthquakes have happened in a long time
- d move the fastest, and are the first to be recorded
- e giant ocean wave that often occurs after a major earthquake with an epicenter on the ocean floor
5 Multiple choice questions
- Zones of immobile rock along faults are called?
- If the S-waves arrive shortly after the P-waves then the epicenter is located______ the seismograph.
- tremor that follows and is smaller that a major earthquake
- What is a "locked" fault?
- expresses the intensity of an earthquake with a Roman numeral and description
5 True/False questions
Magnitude → a measure of the energy released by an earthquake
Damage → The Mercalli Scale includes a description that expresses what?
Solids → What can S-waves travel through?
Shallow → 90% of continental earthquakes have a __________ focus.
Shallow-focus earthquakes → occur in the subduction zones