5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- amendment 18
- who has ability to change laws?
- expressed powers
- who was the power to declare war?
- what are 2 methods for ratifying?
- a prohibition of alcoholic beverages
- b enumerated powers- powers directly stated in the constitution in article 1 section 8. 18 total- 5 with economic legislation, 7 provide for defense
- c legislative branch
- d 1. legislatures in 75% of states ratify amendment (38 state legislatures)
2. each state call ratifying convention or "constitutional convention" (3/4 conventions approve-38)
- e congress
5 Multiple choice questions
- Article 1 Section 8, "necessary and proper"
strict interpretation vs. broad interpretation
- The Bill of rights
- restraint on congress salaries
any increase in salaries of members of congress will take place in the next session of congress
- - searches and seizure (1791)
- protects privacy
- must be a reasonable cause for search
- evidence seized illegaly cannot be used in court
5 True/False questions
amendment 26 → repeal of prohibition
only amendment to be ratified by state conventions rather than legislature
nullified 18th amendment
why was presidency initiated? → authority
The language "The Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation" is used in what amendments? → vague constitutional power
power open to interpretation
# of bills introduced in 1795 → 167
amendment 22 → limit on presidential terms
pres. can only serve 2 terms (after FDR)