Create an account
Medical history includes:
- any past medical/surgical disorders
- any sx related to onset/duration/location/pain
- does activity make it better or worse
- family medical history
Assessment of bony skeleton includes:
motation of deformities
crepitus (grating/crackling sound/sensation)
Assessment of articular system includes:
- stability of joints
- any nodular formation
- pulses in extremities
ROM includes pts ability to:
- change positions
- muscle strength
- size of indiviual muscles
If a joint makes a crack or snap sound when passively moved, may indicate:
a ligament slipping over a bony prominence
Deformities are cause by:
(partial separation of articular surface)
Nodular formations are produced by muscoskeletal diseases such as:
- rheumotoid arthritis
Acute strains are:
- acute onset of severe pain
- rest and possible immobilization
- immed aft injury -cold 20-30min, remove 1hr
during first 24 hrs (reduce edema)
- then apply heat
Chronig strains are:
- gradual onset w/affected muscles feeling
stiff or sore
- require no specific tx
Displaced bone may:
- hinder blood supply
- damage nerves
- tear ligaments
- rupture muscle attachements
Symptoms of a dislocation include:
- localized joint pain
- loss of funtion of the joint
- change in length of extremity/contour of joint
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together