Terms in this set (59)
Other sets by this creator
Match each vocabulary term to its definition.
- reciprocal determinism a. The unique and relatively stable ways in which people think, feel, and behave.
- personality b. Individual's expectancy of how effective his or her efforts to accomplish a goal will be in any particular circumstance.
- self-efficacy c. Person who is ambitious, time conscious, extremely hardworking, and tends to have high levels of hostility and anger as well as being easily annoyed.
- superego d. Defense mechanism in which a person tries to become like someone else to deal with anxiety.
- temperament e. Part of the personality that acts as a moral center.
- trait f. Defense mechanism involving placing one's own unacceptable thoughts onto others, as if the thoughts actually belonged to those others and not to oneself.
- locus of control g. A consistent, enduring way of thinking, feeling, or behaving.
- projection h. A child's innate personality and emotional characteristics, observable in infancy; the enduring characteristics with which each person is born.
- Type A i. The tendency for people to assume that they either have control or do not have control over events and consequences in their lives.
- identification j. Bandura's explanation of how the factors of environment, personal characteristics, and behavior can interact to determine future behavior.
Other Quizlet sets