5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mead hall
- Literacy in Latin, trade with other countries, idea of unity and peace
- a A person sings poetry and stories in song form
- b Contributions of the Church
- c Roman Emperor who built a wall in Northern England to keep out Celts.
- d Brought Christianity to England in 597
- e Where kings and thanes lived during this time?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Other name for William the Conqueror
- Anglo-Saxon word for ruling King
- Tried to bring Catholicism to the Brits in 440 but they wouldn't have it, so he brought it to the Irish.
- Celtic Queen who fought against the Romans, who won some battles.
- Years of the Anglo-Saxon period
5 True/False questions
Londinium → Old name of London, given by the Romans
England, Wales, Scotland → Where kings and thanes lived during this time?
Iberians, Celts, Romans, Anglo-Saxon, Vikings, Normans (William the Conqueror from Normandy) → Invaders in order up to William the Conquerer
Claudius → A gladiator who took over England from the Celts in about 44 A.D , when they ruled for 400 years
Sir. Thomas Mallo → Where kings and thanes lived during this time?