5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- A truck travels to and from a stone quarry located 2.5 km to the east. What is its distance? What is its displacement?
- What is another name for Newton's first law of motion?
- If you ride your bicycle down a straight road 2 miles and then turn around and ride back, your distance is __________________________ your displacement.
- Can an object be in motion if the net force acting on it is zero? Explain.
- A skater in a parking lot. Can she have a constant speed and changing velocity? Can she have a changing speed and constant velocity? Explain your answer.
- a Yes
You can be changing direction at constant speed to produce changing velocity. Any change in speed results in a change in velocity.
- b Yes, constant speed without friction
- c greater than
- d Distance= 5.0 km
- e Law of inertia
5 Multiple choice questions
- The speed and direction with which an object moves.
- Velocity (speed)
- Final velocity
- Balanced forces
- Opposite directions at the same speed.
5 True/False questions
Why is it necessary to wear a seat belt to hold you in place if you are riding in a car that stops suddenly? → If not, you will continue moving forward at the car's original speed.
Equation for acceleration → a=vf-vi/t
Distance is.... → The speed and direction with which an object moves.
An object changing its speed from 12 m/s to 5 m/s is undergoing what kind of acceleration? → Negative
Relate distance, speed, and time in an equation. → a=vf-vi/t