5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Why is it necessary to wear a seat belt to hold you in place if you are riding in a car that stops suddenly?
- Two cars are trafveling along the same road at the same speed, but different velocities. Explain.
- What does a horizontal line on a velocity/time graph show?
- Inertia varies depending on what?
- In the equation a=(vf-vi)/t, Vf stands for what?
- a The mass of an object
- b zero acceleration
- c If not, you will continue moving forward at the car's original speed.
- d Opposite directions at the same speed.
- e Final velocity
5 Multiple choice questions
- The speed and direction with which an object moves.
- Distance= 5.0 km
- a measure of how far an object has moved.
- a change in position.
5 True/False questions
If you ride your bicycle down a straight road 2 miles and then turn around and ride back, your distance is __________________________ your displacement. → Speed
What is another name for Newton's first law of motion? → Law of inertia
An object changing its speed from 12 m/s to 5 m/s is undergoing what kind of acceleration? → Yes, constant speed without friction
Acceleration is..... → The speed and direction with which an object moves.
Acceleration occurs when an object changes its_______________________ or ________________________ or both. → Balanced forces