5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Why does an object moving at a constant speed have velocity?
- What is another name for Newton's first law of motion?
- A skater in a parking lot. Can she have a constant speed and changing velocity? Can she have a changing speed and constant velocity? Explain your answer.
- As a car slows down approaching a red traffic light its_______________________ is negative.
- 3 m/s north is an example of what?
- a Law of inertia
- b Velocity
- c acceleration
- d Because it's changing direction.
- e Yes
You can be changing direction at constant speed to produce changing velocity. Any change in speed results in a change in velocity.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a measure of how far an object has moved.
- greater than
- The speed and direction with which an object moves.
5 True/False questions
Acceleration occurs when an object changes its_______________________ or ________________________ or both. → Velocity (speed)
Inertia varies depending on what? → The mass of an object
Acceleration is..... → The speed and direction with which an object moves.
Can an object be in motion if the net force acting on it is zero? Explain. → Speed
A truck travels to and from a stone quarry located 2.5 km to the east. What is its distance? What is its displacement? → Distance= 5.0 km