5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Why is it necessary to wear a seat belt to hold you in place if you are riding in a car that stops suddenly?
- An object changing its speed from 12 m/s to 5 m/s is undergoing what kind of acceleration?
- As a car slows down approaching a red traffic light its_______________________ is negative.
- If the forces acting on an object at rest are ________________________, the object wll remain at rest.
- Velocity is.....
- a acceleration
- b The speed and direction with which an object moves.
- c If not, you will continue moving forward at the car's original speed.
- d Negative
- e Balanced forces
5 Multiple choice questions
You can be changing direction at constant speed to produce changing velocity. Any change in speed results in a change in velocity.
- a change in position.
- speed=distance/time s=d/t
- The mass of an object
5 True/False questions
Equation for acceleration → a change in position.
What does the slope of the distance-time graph give? → Speed
What is another name for Newton's first law of motion? → Law of inertia
What does a horizontal line on a velocity/time graph show? → zero acceleration
Acceleration is..... → a change in position.