5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Velocity is.....
- Why does an object moving at a constant speed have velocity?
- Distance is....
- A skater in a parking lot. Can she have a constant speed and changing velocity? Can she have a changing speed and constant velocity? Explain your answer.
- If you ride your bicycle down a straight road 2 miles and then turn around and ride back, your distance is __________________________ your displacement.
- a Because it's changing direction.
- b The speed and direction with which an object moves.
- c greater than
- d a measure of how far an object has moved.
- e Yes
You can be changing direction at constant speed to produce changing velocity. Any change in speed results in a change in velocity.
5 Multiple choice questions
- If not, you will continue moving forward at the car's original speed.
- zero acceleration
- a change in position.
- mass (inertia)
5 True/False questions
An object changing its speed from 12 m/s to 5 m/s is undergoing what kind of acceleration? → Yes, constant speed without friction
Can an object be in motion if the net force acting on it is zero? Explain. → Speed
Acceleration is..... → The speed and direction with which an object moves.
In the equation a=(vf-vi)/t, Vf stands for what? → The mass of an object
3 m/s north is an example of what? → The mass of an object