5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- A truck travels to and from a stone quarry located 2.5 km to the east. What is its distance? What is its displacement?
- If you ride your bicycle down a straight road 2 miles and then turn around and ride back, your distance is __________________________ your displacement.
- Can an object be in motion if the net force acting on it is zero? Explain.
- Relate distance, speed, and time in an equation.
- At the same speed, a bowling ball is harder to stop than a soccer ball because the bowling ball has greater......
- a mass (inertia)
- b Distance= 5.0 km
- c greater than
- d speed=distance/time s=d/t
- e Yes, constant speed without friction
5 Multiple choice questions
- The mass of an object
- a measure of how far an object has moved.
- zero acceleration
- The speed and direction with which an object moves.
5 True/False questions
Two cars are trafveling along the same road at the same speed, but different velocities. Explain. → Yes
You can be changing direction at constant speed to produce changing velocity. Any change in speed results in a change in velocity.
Acceleration occurs when an object changes its_______________________ or ________________________ or both. → Balanced forces
Why does an object moving at a constant speed have velocity? → Because it's changing direction.
In the equation a=(vf-vi)/t, Vf stands for what? → Final velocity
Why is it necessary to wear a seat belt to hold you in place if you are riding in a car that stops suddenly? → Because it's changing direction.