5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- coordinating conjunction
- linking verb
- compound noun
- a is a word used to express an action, a condition, or a state of being.
- b single noun formed from two or more words.
- c links the subject of the sentence to a word in the predicate.
ex.am, is, was, were,appear, become, feel, look, remain, sound, and taste, express conditions.
- d shows the relationship between a noun or pronoun and another word in the sentence.
ex. about, before, by, during, on, and under
- e connects words or word groups that have equal importance in sentence.
ex. FANBOYS (for, and, nor, but, or, yet, so)
5 Multiple choice questions
- (a and an) refer to the unspecified members of groups of people, places, things, or ideas.
- modify verbs, adjectives, or other adverbs. they answer where, when, how, and what.
ex.here, rather early, swiftly, almost
- prepositions formed from more than one word.
ex. according to, in place of, and instead of.
- is the noun or pronoun that follows the preposition
- is a word or phase that expresses a feeling
5 True/False questions
articles → are the most common adjectives
conjunction → is a word or phase that expresses a feeling
coordinating conjunction → introduce subordinate clauses--- clauses cannot stand alone as complete sentences.
ex.after, because, if, so that, than, when, and while.
concrete noun → name of a group
conjunctive adverb → is used to express relationships between independent clauses.
ex. finally, furthermore, however, instead, and still.