Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
Product Design: Advantages & Disadvantages of Computer Aided Design (CAD)
Terms in this set (2)
Advantages of using CAD for the Manufacturer:
- Manufacturers can operate more efficiently
- Can be used in collaboration with CAM systems to automatically generate tool paths for automated machines.
- Detailed engineering drawings can be generated from 3D models
- Computer modelling can test components on-screen
- CAD data can be transferred electronically; can be used to send abroad to manufactures where the product is cheaper to produce.
Advantages of using CAD for the Designer:
- Designers can create better designs faster and at a lower cost
- Enables designers to work in teams or as an individual
- There is increased flexibility for designers and allows them to have greater control over the final product.
- There is the ability to render designs easily with varieties of hatching and font styles available
- The ability to 'zoom in' and 'zoom out'
- Designs can be quickly modified and and edited with client feedback
- It reduces the need for large, labour intensive drawing offices.
- Designers are multi-skilled
Sets found in the same folder
A2 Product Design
CAD CAM Advantages and Disadvantages
Design Technology - A-Level
Other Quizlet sets
Colonization Study Guide
Chapter 7 Marketing Research: From Customer Insigh…
business policy final
3rd grade Scientific Method Kate
Ms. Sampson has two prescription insurance plans. What is it called when you bill both of her insurances for a medication?
What would be an example of what Bruce Western calls "deterrence"?
What is the formula for the compound formed by the calcium ions, Ca2+, and chloride ions, Cl-?
how many oil refineries are in the US?