5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The important difference between liquid droplets and ice crystals in a supercooled cloud is that ice crystals
- Identify the choice above that represents low pressure center in the Northern Hemisphere
- The effect of friction on the wind alters its
- Why are high altitude clouds always so thin?
- The growth of a hailstone usually involves everything EXCEPT:
- a viscosity.
- b spontaneous freezing of large water droplets.
- c Very little water vapor is present.
- d grow much more rapidly.
- e graph b
5 Multiple choice questions
- friction is present only close to the ground
- 1013 mb
5 True/False questions
The definition of the word "monsoon" means → seasonal wind shift.
The typical amount of time it takes for an air mass to pass over a given area is on the order of a few → mountain ranges, cyclones, and anticyclones.
When warm moist air moves over a cold surface, ________ fog may result. → advection
In the United States, lake-effect snows occur over which area? → inward and counterclockwise.
A radiation fog requires which of the following in order to form? → high relative humidity and clear nighttime skies