5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Of the following cloud types, which is most likely to produce the most rain?
- A primary factor causing monsoon circulations is
- When warm moist air moves over a cold surface, ________ fog may result.
- Which air mass code letter is paired with the wrong word?
- Thunder and lightning are associated with the ________ cloud.
- a nimbostratus
- b advection
- c cumulonimbus
- d t = temperate
- e greater temperature changes over continents compared to oceans.
5 Multiple choice questions
- high relative humidity and clear nighttime skies
- near the equator and in mid-latitudes.
- winter dry season
- are generally faster than surface winds
- spontaneous freezing of large water droplets.
5 True/False questions
Clouds are classified and named according to their altitude and → form or appearance.
When geostrophic conditions exist in the atmosphere, the net force on the moving air is → zero
When air moves from the ocean onto land: → converging winds and ascending air result over the land.
The wave-like or meandering pattern of the upper level winds in middle latitudes is of major importance for → viscosity.
Horizontal variations in air pressure cause a force which makes the wind blow. These pressure variations are caused by → mountain ranges, cyclones, and anticyclones.