5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Horizontal variations in air pressure cause a force which makes the wind blow. These pressure variations are caused by
- You would expect vertical airflow in an anticyclone to result in
- The process by which a cloud droplet first forms is
- Which association is correct?
- When geostrophic conditions exist in the atmosphere, the net force on the moving air is
- a uneven heating of the Earth's surface
- b convergence aloft.
- c condensation
- d zero
- e low cloud...stratus
5 Multiple choice questions
- friction is present only close to the ground
- 1983 and 1997
- air being cooled as it rises.
5 True/False questions
The subpolar low (polar front) is: → a zone where the polar easterlies and the westerlies converge.
The Bergeron process causes cloud droplets to grow because: → the saturation vapor pressure is lower near ice crystals than it is near supercooled droplets.
The growth of a hailstone usually involves everything EXCEPT: → spontaneous freezing of large water droplets.
The air mass type most likely to form thunderstorms is → condensation
This cloud sometimes produces mare's tails. → cirrus