5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Most of the United States is situated in which zone of prevailing winds?
- All of the following are necessary ingredients for cloud formation EXCEPT:
- The effect of friction on the wind alters its
- What do isobars represent on a map?
- Hygroscopic nuclei:
- a lines connecting points of equal air pressure
- b speed and direction.
- c warm surface air temperatures.
- d can allow cloud droplets to form even if the relative humidity is
- e westerlies
5 Multiple choice questions
- the saturation vapor pressure is lower near ice crystals than it is near supercooled droplets.
- high relative humidity and clear nighttime skies
5 True/False questions
The addition of water vapor will cause the density of air to: → decrease.
The Gulf Stream is the name given to → a warm current carrying water from the equator along the East Coast of the United States.
The ________ cloud is confined to the middle height range. → obvious vertical dimension.
What is the average sea level pressure in the United States? → lines connecting points of equal air pressure
Thunder and lightning are associated with the ________ cloud. → cumulonimbus