5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Freezing rain (ice storm) or sleet occurs when
- Concerning rainfall patterns, areas of persistent high pressure tend to cause
- A(n) ________ is a layer of dark gray clouds that produces precipitation
- Which of the following statements about airflow in the middle and upper troposphere is true?
- Upper air winds:
- a nimbostratus
- b are generally faster than surface winds
- c upper air is warm and surface air is cold
- d desert regions.
- e Except near the equator, the flow is from west to east.
5 Multiple choice questions
- rising and expanding.
- friction is present only close to the ground
- winter dry season
- warm and dry
- near the equator and in mid-latitudes.
5 True/False questions
Two of the strongest El Niño events on record began in what years? → 1983 and 1997
Which type of cloud is most likely to form a halo around the Sun or the Moon? → mT
Clouds which have extensive vertical dimensions are → altostratus
The term pressure gradient refers to → change in pressure along a horizontal surface
Why do clouds represent a source of heat for the atmosphere? → Cloud formation releases latent heat to the air.