5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The region where the northeast trades meet the southeast trades is known as the
- The type of fog produced when cold air moves over a warm, moist surface is called:
- In the United States, lake-effect snows occur over which area?
- Neglecting friction, the speed and direction of the horizontal wind are determined by
- Clouds, dew and frost all form because air has become saturated. This condition of saturation is usually caused by
- a the air being cooled.
- b ITCZ
- c pressure gradient and Coriolis
- d the leeward shores of the Great Lakes
- e steam fog.
5 Multiple choice questions
- at high altitudes.
- dry all year around
- air being cooled as it rises.
- moisture content and temperature.
5 True/False questions
Which type of cloud is most likely to form a halo around the Sun or the Moon? → to the lee of mountains
Concerning rainfall patterns, areas of persistent high pressure tend to cause → desert regions.
Of the following cloud types, which is most likely to produce the most rain? → to the lee of mountains
You would expect vertical airflow in an anticyclone to result in → speed and direction.
Where are lenticular clouds most likely to form? → to the lee of mountains