5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- When geostrophic conditions exist in the atmosphere, the net force on the moving air is
- Which air mass code letter is paired with the wrong word?
- The typical amount of time it takes for an air mass to pass over a given area is on the order of a few
- The most common way for air to be cooled in order that a cloud may form is by
- The stability of an air mass can be affected by
- a rising and expanding.
- b zero
- c mountain ranges, cyclones, and anticyclones.
- d days.
- e t = temperate
5 Multiple choice questions
- condensation nuclei.
- upper air is warm and surface air is cold
- 1983 and 1997
5 True/False questions
The Gulf Stream is the name given to → a warm current carrying water from the equator along the East Coast of the United States.
When are upper air winds fastest? → warm and dry
Which association is not correct? → high cloud...stratus
What option below best characterizes the rainfall distribution at a station located south of the Sahara desert at about 20 degrees N latitude? → winter dry season
An air mass from the Gulf of Mexico is called: → mT