Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
California Driving[Knowledge] Test 2022
Terms in this set (50)
1. You may drive off of the paved roadway to pass another vehicle:
Under no circumstances.
2. You are approaching a railroad crossing with no warning devices and are unable to see 400 feet down the tracks in one direction. The speed limit is: *
3. When parking your vehicle parallel to the curb on a level street: *
Your wheels must be within 18 inches of the curb.
4. When you are merging onto the freeway, you should be driving: *
At or near the same speed as the traffic on the freeway.
5. When driving in fog, you should use your: *
6. A white painted curb means: *
Loading zone for passengers or mail only.
7. A school bus ahead of you in your lane is stopped with red lights flashing. You should: *
Stop as long as the red lights are flashing.
8. California's "Basic Speed Law" says: *
You should never drive faster than is safe for current conditions.
9. You just sold your vehicle. You must notify the DMV within ___ days. *
10. To avoid last minute moves, you should be looking down the road to where your vehicle will be in about ______________. *
10 to 15 seconds
1. You are about to make a left turn. You must signal continuously during the last ____ feet before the turn.
2. Which of the following statements about blind spots is true?
Large trucks have bigger blind spots than most passenger vehicles.
3. You have been involved in a minor traffic collision with a parked vehicle and you can't find the owner. You must:
Leave a note on the vehicle. AND Report the accident without delay to the city police or, in unincorporated areas, to the CHP.
4. Unless otherwise posted the speed limit in a residential area is ____.
5. You may legally block an intersection:
Under no circumstances.
6. When parking uphill on a two-way street with no curb, your front wheels should be:
Turned to the right (away from the street).
7. With a Class C drivers license a person may drive:
A 3-axle vehicle if the Gross Vehicle Weight is less than 6,000 pounds.
8. To turn left from a multilane one-way street onto a one-way street, you should start your turn from:
The lane closest to the left curb.
9. If you are involved in a traffic collision, you are required to complete and submit a written report (SR1) to the DMV:
If there is property damage in excess of $1,000 or if there are any injuries.
10. Roadways are the most slippery:
The first rain after a dry spell.
1. You may not park your vehicle:
Next to a red painted curb.
2. You must notify the DMV within 5 days if you:
Sell or transfer your vehicle.
3. Two sets of solid, double, yellow lines that are two or more feet apart:
May not be crossed for any reason.
4. You want to make a right turn at an upcoming intersection. You should slow down and:
Signal for 100 feet before turning.
5. You are driving on a freeway posted for 65 MPH. The traffic is traveling at 70 MPH. You may legally drive:
No faster than 65 mph.
6. It is illegal to park your vehicle:
In an unmarked crosswalk.
7. The safest precaution that you can take regarding the use of cellular phones and driving is:
Use hands-free devices so you can keep both hands on the steering wheel.
8. If you have a green light, but traffic is blocking the intersection, you should:
Stay out of the intersection until traffic clears.
9. You are getting ready to make a right turn. You should:
Slow down or stop, if necessary, and then make the turn.
10. You must obey instructions from school crossing guards:
At all times.
1. It is a very windy day. You are driving and a dust storm blows across the freeway reducing your visibility. You should drive slower and turn on your:
2. If you plan to pass another vehicle, you should:
Not assume the other driver will make space for you to return to your lane.
3. You are driving on a freeway posted for 65 mph. Most of the other vehicles are driving 70 mph or faster. You may legally drive:
No faster than 65 mph.
4. If you drive faster than other vehicles on a road with one lane in each direction and continually pass the other cars, you will:
Increase your chances of an accident.
5. Which of these vehicles must always stop before crossing railroad tracks?
Tank trucks marked with hazardous materials placards.
6. You are driving on a one-way street. You may turn left onto another one-way street only if:
Traffic on the street moves to the left.
7. A large truck is ahead of you and is turning right onto a street with two lanes in each direction. The truck:
May have to swing wide to complete the right turn.
8. You may cross a double yellow line to pass another vehicle, if the yellow line next to:
Your side of the road is a broken line.
9. At intersections, crosswalks, and railroad crossings, you should always:
Look to the sides of your vehicle to see what is coming.
10. You drive defensively when you:
Keep your eyes moving to look for possible hazards.
1. You are driving on the freeway. The vehicle in front of you is a large truck. You should drive:
Farther behind the truck than you would for a passenger vehicle.
2. All of the following practices are dangerous to do while driving. Which of these is also illegal?
Listening to music through headphones that cover both ears.
3. Always stop before you cross railroad tracks when:
You don't have room on the other side to completely cross the tracks.
4. When you tailgate other drivers (drive close to their rear bumper):
You can frustrate the other drivers and make them angry.
5. Should you always drive slower than other traffic?
No, you can block traffic when you drive too slowly.
6. You see a signal person at a road construction site ahead. You should obey his or her instructions:
At all times.
7. When can you drive in a bike lane?
When you are within 200 feet of a cross street where you plan to turn right.
8. You see a flashing yellow traffic signal at an upcoming intersection. The flashing yellow light means:
Slow down and cross the intersection carefully.
9. There is no crosswalk and you see a pedestrian crossing your lane ahead. You should:
Stop and let him/her finish crossing the street.
10. A solid yellow line next to a broken yellow line means that vehicles:
Next to the broken line may pass.
Other sets by this creator
LIS 4369 - Exam 2
FIN 326 - Chapter 17 Smartbook
FIN 326 - Chapter 15 Smartbook
acctg 325 - chapter 17
Recommended textbook solutions
Advanced Engineering Mathematics
Chemistry for Engineering Students
Lawrence S. Brown, Thomas A. Holme
Chemical Reaction Engineering
Métodos Numéricos para Engenharia
Raymond P Canale, Steven C Chapra
Other Quizlet sets
RN Nursing Care of Children Practice 2019 A
VA Landlord-Tenant Act
Topic 5 Exam Guide