5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Racist Influenced Perceptions
- Peripheral Route Persuasion
- Group Polarization
- a sexually explicit and sexually violent materials
- b More likely to shoot someone if they are black than if they are white
- c the tendency for people who agree to a small action to comply later with a larger one
- d occurs when people are influenced by incidental cues, such as a speaker's attractiveness
- e the enhancement of a group's prevailing inclinations through discussions within the group
5 Multiple choice questions
- stronger responses on simple or well-learned tasks in the presence of others. ex) play better when people are watching
- the blocking of an attempt to achieve some goal
- "them" those percieved as different or apart from our group
- feelings, often influenced by our beliefs, that predispose our reactions to objects, people and events. Effects behavior
- Mutual views often held by conflicting people, as when each side sees itself as ethical and peaceful and views the other side as evil and aggressive.
5 True/False questions
Proximity → geographic nearness
Social Control → power of the situatino interacts with the power of the individual
Cognitive Dissonance Theory → the theory that our social behavior is an exchange proces, the aim of which is to maximize benefits and minimize costs.
reward theory of attraction → the enhancement of a group's prevailing inclinations through discussions within the group
Social Scripts → a situation in which the conflicting parties, by each rationally pursuing their self-interest, become caught in mutually destructive behavior.