5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Bystander Effect
- Social Facilitation
- Unconsicous Patronization
- Racist Influenced Perceptions
- a giving harsher criticisms when said to be a black person more so than white
- b the tendency for any given bystander to be less likely to give aid if other bystanders are present
- c More likely to shoot someone if they are black than if they are white
- d an unjustifiable and usually negative attitude toward a group and it's members
- e stronger responses on simple or well-learned tasks in the presence of others. ex) play better when people are watching
5 Multiple choice questions
- if people consciously express little prejudice; may give off telltale signals as their body responds selectively to another race.
- shared goals that override differences among people and require their cooperation
- the phenomenon that repeated exposure to stimuli increases the liking of them.
- that we will like those whose behavior is rewarding to us and that will we continue relationships that offer more rewards than costs.
- Associate ourselves with certain groups and contrast ourselves with others.
5 True/False questions
Mirror-Mirror Images → shared goals that override differences among people and require their cooperation
Frustration-Agression Principle → the blocking of an attempt to achieve some goal
Social Loafing → a situation in which the conflicting parties, by each rationally pursuing their self-interest, become caught in mutually destructive behavior.
Peripheral Route Persuasion → occurs when interested people focus on arguments and respond with favorable thoughts. More likely to influence behavior
Aggressive-Replacement Programs → brought down re-arrest rates of juvenile offenders and gang members by teaching the youths and their parents communication skills