5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a The handle of a weapon or tool.
- b Great enjoyment.
- c A medieval singer or musician. One who sang or recited lyric or heroic poetry to a musical accompaniment for the nobility.
- d Keep out of sight, typically with a sinister or cowardly motive.
- e A strongbox or small chest for holding valuables.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Additional items of dress or equipment, or other items carried or worn by a person or used for a particular activity.
- A defensive wall.
- A place where people have deserted and it is in a state of bleak and dismal emptiness.
- Deserving or causing public disgrace or shame.
- A person's ability to cope well with difficulties or to face a demanding situation in a spirited and resilient way.
5 True/False questions
Gloaming → Seeming difficult to deal with.
Daunting → Seeming difficult to deal with.
Bane → A cause of great distress or annoyance.
Atrocity → Great enjoyment.
Kith → The handle of a weapon or tool.