5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Additional items of dress or equipment, or other items carried or worn by a person or used for a particular activity.
- b Seeming difficult to deal with.
- c The handle of a weapon or tool.
- d A very wicked or cruel act, it usually involves violence or injury.
- e A figured woven fabric with a pattern visible on both sides, typically used for table linen and upholstery.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A cause of great distress or annoyance.
- Having or showing eagerness or enthusiasm.
- Keep out of sight, typically with a sinister or cowardly motive.
- One's friends, acquaintances, and relations.
- Loyal, reliable, and hardworking.
5 True/False questions
Relish → One's friends, acquaintances, and relations.
Bulwark → Loyal, reliable, and hardworking.
Gloaming → Twilight; dusk.
Mettle → A person's ability to cope well with difficulties or to face a demanding situation in a spirited and resilient way.
Ignominous → Deserving or causing public disgrace or shame.