5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a A medieval singer or musician. One who sang or recited lyric or heroic poetry to a musical accompaniment for the nobility.
- b Loyal, reliable, and hardworking.
- c A person's ability to cope well with difficulties or to face a demanding situation in a spirited and resilient way.
- d A place where people have deserted and it is in a state of bleak and dismal emptiness.
- e Additional items of dress or equipment, or other items carried or worn by a person or used for a particular activity.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Great enjoyment.
- Sharpen with a whetstone.
- Twilight; dusk.
- A very wicked or cruel act, it usually involves violence or injury.
- Seeming difficult to deal with.
5 True/False questions
Plunder → A cause of great distress or annoyance.
Coffer → Sharpen with a whetstone.
Damask → A figured woven fabric with a pattern visible on both sides, typically used for table linen and upholstery.
Splay → Thrust or spread things out and apart.
Skulk → Keep out of sight, typically with a sinister or cowardly motive.