5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a The handle of a weapon or tool.
- b A place where people have deserted and it is in a state of bleak and dismal emptiness.
- c A defensive wall.
- d Loyal, reliable, and hardworking.
- e Keep out of sight, typically with a sinister or cowardly motive.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Twilight; dusk.
- Sharpen with a whetstone.
- One's friends, acquaintances, and relations.
- Steal goods from a place or person, typically using force and in a time or war or civil disorder.
- Seeming difficult to deal with.
5 True/False questions
Mettle → A place where people have deserted and it is in a state of bleak and dismal emptiness.
Coffer → A strongbox or small chest for holding valuables.
Splay → Thrust or spread things out and apart.
Damask → Keep out of sight, typically with a sinister or cowardly motive.
Ignominous → Deserving or causing public disgrace or shame.