5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a A defensive wall.
- b The handle of a weapon or tool.
- c Additional items of dress or equipment, or other items carried or worn by a person or used for a particular activity.
- d A medieval singer or musician. One who sang or recited lyric or heroic poetry to a musical accompaniment for the nobility.
- e Keep out of sight, typically with a sinister or cowardly motive.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A place where people have deserted and it is in a state of bleak and dismal emptiness.
- A very wicked or cruel act, it usually involves violence or injury.
- Deserving or causing public disgrace or shame.
- Seeming difficult to deal with.
- A person's ability to cope well with difficulties or to face a demanding situation in a spirited and resilient way.
5 True/False questions
Gloaming → Twilight; dusk.
Kith → One's friends, acquaintances, and relations.
Hone → Sharpen with a whetstone.
Coffer → A strongbox or small chest for holding valuables.
Splay → Thrust or spread things out and apart.