5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- bee pollen
- individual counseling
- "quick drunk"
- a body type of a person; particularly influenced by genetics.
- b a combination of plant pollen with nectar and bee saliva that is used to increase endurance; can cause severe allergic reactions.
- c a class of neurotransmitters that are particularly affected by psychoactive drugs especially by stimulants, e.g., epinephrine, norepinephrine, and dopamine.
- d a description for the instant effects of volatile solvents.
- e one-on-one interaction between a therapist, counselor, or other treatment specialist and a client with emotional or mental problems to help him or her understand and cope with the illness.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a ball of chewed drug (coca leaf, tobacco) that is kept in the mouth to allow the active ingredient to be absorbed by the capillaries in the mouth; also called a "chaw" or a "plug."
- the group of nerve fibers that connects the two cerebral hemispheres of the cerebrum.
- a serious progressive liver disease that scars the liver often caused by heavy chronic alcohol abuse.
- a type of white blood cell (lymphocyte) that helps fight infection. Low numbers of T-cells signal an impaired immune system, possibly caused by HIV infection.
- a drug that reduces appetite.
5 True/False questions
urethritis → analysis of urine to test for drug use.
OA (Overeaters Anonymous) → a 12-step self-help group for compulsive overeaters.
fen-phen (phen-fen) → an acronym for the combination of dexfenfluramine and phentermine when prescribed for weight control.
synaptic gap → 1. a nondrugged person emotionally experiencing a drug-like experience from being around or in contact with drug users. 2. getting high from skin absorption of a drug such as LSD. 3. actually inhaling enough drugs (marijuana, cocaine, heroin) to be affected by being in an environment where other people are smoking drugs.
OTC → an intermediate product of cocaine refinement that contains impurities, such as kerosene and sulfuric acid. This light-brown doughy substance can be smoked, often in countries that grow or refine the coca leaf.