5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- amino acids
- performance-enhancing drugs
- a the act of refraining from the use of alcohol and any other drug. It also refers to stopping addictive behaviors, such as overeating and gambling.
- b analysis of urine to test for drug use.
- c organic nitrogen compounds that are the building blocks for proteins; some serve as neurotransmitters.
- d a broad category of drugs and substances used to increase energy, endurance, and strength, e.g., steroids.
- e controlling and restraining instinctual, unconscious, or conscious drives especially if they conflict with society's rules.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the amount of a drug that can be absorbed into the body from a given dose.
- wood alcohol; used as a toxic industrial solvent; it can be synthesized.
- repetition of false memories.
- the use of a pin or other cracking device to puncture a can of nitrous oxide or other inhalant; a balloon is placed over the end of the can and the vapors are then inhaled.
- an Indian name for the leaves and stems of Cannabis (marijuana) plants; it is a mild form of marijuana that can be prepared for smoking, drinking, or ingestion.
5 True/False questions
antitussive → the psychological makeup of a person; the soul.
"speed freaks" → an old street term for methamphetamine abusers.
titration → adjusting the dose of a drug to achieve a desired effect.
alcohol-induced disorders → the soldiers who accompanied Spanish explorers and missionaries, mostly to the Americas, to search for wealth and to exploit and colonize new territories.
beer → Drug Enforcement Administration, the federal agency charged with the job of policing drug abuse.