5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- amotivational syndrome
- PET (positron emission tomography) scan
- a a dose of a drug.
- b Spanish for cocaine paste.
- c a lack of desire to complete tasks or to succeed; sometimes attributed to the long-term effects of marijuana.
- d a beer with a slightly more bitter taste and higher alcohol content than lager beer; uses the top fermentation process. The alehouse or pub and the use of ale rather than lager are prominent features of British life.
- e a brain imaging technique that uses the action of glucose to show brain activity.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a 12-step group for sex addicts.
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism.
- a by-product of smoking that is carcinogenic.
- an IV drug user who prefers the use of a syringe as a method of drug delivery; someone who has become addicted to using a needle to inject drugs.
- a diagnostic category in DSM-IV-TR that includes alcohol use disorders and alcohol-induced disorders.
5 True/False questions
ARRRT → acronym for Acceptance, Reduction of stimuli, Reassurance, Rest, and Talk-down, steps for treatment of a bad psychedelic experience.
euphoria → the largest gland in the body (2-4 lbs.); metabolizes protein and carbohydrates and most psychoactive drugs that pass through the blood, especially alcohol.
P-300 waves → organic nitrogen compounds that are the building blocks for proteins; some serve as neurotransmitters.
bufotenine → antihypertensive medication used to help block withdrawal symptoms from heroin, alcohol, sedatives, and even nicotine.
deliriant → a pharmacologically inactive substance used to dilute a drug.