5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Kaposi's sarcoma
- Harrison Narcotics Act
- monoamine oxidase inhibitors
- a see MAO inhibitors.
- b accumulation of excess water and other fluids in the tissues of the body.
- c clenching of the teeth that can be caused by stimulants, particularly methamphetamines and MDMA.
- d a form of cancer that usually erupts as purple splotches on the skin. It is considered to be an opportunistic disease that is one of the signs of AIDS.
- e one of the first U.S. laws that controlled drug importation, manufacture, distribution, and sale of narcotics; enacted in 1914.
5 Multiple choice questions
- followers of Islam who are forbidden alcohol and most other psychoactive drugs by their religion.
- The main book of Alcoholics Anonymous containing the philosophy of AA and autobiographical stories of recovering alcoholics; used extensively in AA meetings.
- a street term for cocaine hydrochloride.
- a class of psychiatric medications that increase the activity of serotonin to elevate mood and counter depression.
- see Jellinek.
5 True/False questions
beer → National Institute on Drug Abuse.
anxiety disorders → a series of mental disorders marked by excessive anxiety, fear, worry, and avoidance, including panic attacks, panic disorder, agoraphobia, obsessive-compulsive disorder, posttraumatic stress disorder, and generalized anxiety disorder.
amino acid precursor loading → a neurotransmitter involved in the immune system, healing, and stress.
tissue dependence → the biological adaptation of body cells and functions due to excessive drug use.
prevention → a group of social, medical, psychological, economic, or legal measures used to lessen potential for or the actual impact of drug abuse and addiction.