5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- "bad trip"
- gas chromatography
- Amanita muscaria (fly agaric)
- a an unpleasant or dangerous panic reaction to a psychedelic such as LSD.
- b the elimination of criminal penalties for drug possession or use and replacing them with fines or other civil penalties.
- c an hallucinogenic mushroom that is often prepared in liquid form and drunk.
- d an aromatic herb that comes from the dried cones of the Humulus lupulus vine, used in the brewing of virtually all beers; provides the bitter "hoppy" taste of beer.
- e see GC/MS.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a structured interview that assesses six areas affected by substance use and abuse in order to assess alcoholism.
- an Indian name for the leaves and stems of Cannabis (marijuana) plants; it is a mild form of marijuana that can be prepared for smoking, drinking, or ingestion.
- abnormally high body temperature that can be caused by MDMA, methamphetamines, and other party drugs especially when coupled with heavy dancing or exercise.
- a neurological toxin found in the Amanita muscaria mushroom that acts as a parasympathetic nervous system stimulant.
5 True/False questions
liver → the largest gland in the body (2-4 lbs.); metabolizes protein and carbohydrates and most psychoactive drugs that pass through the blood, especially alcohol.
ethanol (ethyl alcohol, C2H6O) → the main psychoactive ingredient in beer, wine, and distilled liquors; usually made from fermented grains, fruits, or carbohydrate based vegetables, such as potatoes and rice.
narcolepsy → a sleep disorder characterized by sudden periods of sleep during the day and sleep paralysis or interrupted sleep at night; often treated with amphetamines.
group therapy → the use of several clients in a group to help each other break the isolation of addiction, increase knowledge, and practice recovery skills. There are different types of group therapy: facilitated, peer, 12-step, educational, topic-specific, and targeted.
trichlorethylene (TCE) → a commonly used organic solvent found in typewriter correction fluids, paints, and spot removers.