5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Inertia and Gravity
- spring tide
- a a combined sun and moon force with the greatest difference between low and high tide
- b mountains on the moon
- c round pits on the moon caused by meteors
- d what two factors did Isaac Newton conclude kept the planets in orbit?
- e the spinning motion of earth
5 Multiple choice questions
- the movement of one object around another
- the different shapes of the moon you see from earth are called...?
- In June, there are fewer hours of ________ and less direct sunlight in the Southern Hemisphere.
- dark, slat areas formed from hardened rock from lava flows.
- December 21, shortest daytime, southern hemisphere is tilted towards the sun
5 True/False questions
Leap Year → a tide with the least distance between high and low tides
Inertia → what keeps the moon moving ahead?
1/4 → the moon's diameter is about how much of earth's?
Gravity → the path of an object as it revolves around another object in space
increases → if mass stays the same and distance increases, then the force of gravity...?