5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- enlarge, increase, intensify; "The hospital wanted to __________ efforts in the area of diseases of the blood."
- to force or insert a substance into something else; "They will __________ the puppy with a counteractive drug if he has a reaction to the rabies shot."
- persevere, keep at it, endure; "He will __________ in studying, because he is determined to get a high score."
- an opening in the skin made by injury or surgery; "They quickly applied a dressing to the __________ to keep it clean."
- related to something leading to the end or to death; "Her training in life-threatening diseases prepared her to work with __________ patients."
5 True/False questions
complication → undesired problem resulting from some other event; "They encountered a __________ during the delivery of her baby, due to her diabetes."
cure → a lasting sign of damage, either physical or emotional; "The __________ on her wrist was indicative of the emotional effects she also experienced."."
implant → to force or insert a substance into something else; "They will __________ the puppy with a counteractive drug if he has a reaction to the rabies shot."
obese → a person whose weight is 30% or more above the level that would be appropriate for their body structure and height; "Because she was __________ , the doctor asked her to avoid certain foods."
certifiably → in a manner that is officially recognized; "He was not found __________ insane, so his trial commenced immediately."