5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- an opening in the skin made by injury or surgery; "They quickly applied a dressing to the __________ to keep it clean."
- persevere, keep at it, endure; "He will __________ in studying, because he is determined to get a high score."
- undesired problem resulting from some other event; "They encountered a __________ during the delivery of her baby, due to her diabetes."
- specific way of performing or doing something; "Although they followed the usual __________ , the outcome was entirely different than they expected."
- enlarge, increase, intensify; "The hospital wanted to __________ efforts in the area of diseases of the blood."
5 True/False questions
scar → a medical treatment or a medicine that makes a sick person get better; "There has been only limited progress in the search for a __________ for diabetes."
vein → a blood vessel that carries blood from the capillaries toward the heart; "He prepared to draw blood from her left arm, but the __________ wasn't suitable, so he chose her right arm instead."
terminal → related to something leading to the end or to death; "Her training in life-threatening diseases prepared her to work with __________ patients."
inject → a person whose weight is 30% or more above the level that would be appropriate for their body structure and height; "Because she was __________ , the doctor asked her to avoid certain foods."
anesthesia → loss of feeling or sensation resulting from chloroform. novocain, etc.; "She awoke from the __________ , unable to remember anything about the surgery."