5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- "Big" Government.
- Largely unaccountable and self interested.
- The nation's first elites (founders)
- James Burgh
- John Jay
- a Doctrine of separation - first person to use "a small wall of separation"
- b this would defend the interests of elites and establish laws and order that would preserve the social, political, and economic order.
- c Elites are.........
- d 55 white, rich, well educated men.
- e The men who own this country ought to govern it.
5 Multiple choice questions
- who are the masses?
- saw themselves as just-loving philosophical men. and believed they could best determine the will of the people.
- A way of understanding American Politics by focusing on the role of elites.
- allow one branch to veto the decisions of the other.
- who said "while it is necessary to control the masses, government must also control itself"
5 True/False questions
Plato → believed that the best government is one ruled by a just "philosopher king"
Limited Government → not frequent.( is over the means not the end. )
Congressman, Media, and Military Elites → The three interlocking sectors that hold power.
Joseph Priestly → The men who own this country ought to govern it.
Paulo Freire → A way of understanding American Politics by focusing on the role of elites.