5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Elites (not the people) should rule
- Hamilton, Madison, Jay
- John Locke
- Rhode island
- Roman Republic
- a Founding fathers believed..............
- b in which state did rebels capture legislation?
- c Contained one house for commoners
Contained another house for upper class elites.
Although peoples house had the right to veto.
- d Wrote a series of articles (the federalist papers)
They never used their real names.
in the papers they didn't identify themselves.
- e Natural rights theory- men are born with the rights to life, liberty and property.
5 Multiple choice questions
- done by elites through the electoral college.
- who are the masses?
- all societies are divided into.....
- Democracy was conceived as a natural enemy why?
- Doctrine of separation - first person to use "a small wall of separation"
5 True/False questions
Howard Zinn → who are the masses?
Joseph Priestly → The men who own this country ought to govern it.
Henry Giroux → argues that our schools teach the values of competition and the relentless drive for profit.
James madison → who said "while it is necessary to control the masses, government must also control itself"
Paulo Freire → Argues that education is a political process... and it can be used to nurture democracy or to destroy it.