5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Democracy requires a broad distribution of wealth in order to create competent citizens.
- Founding Fathers
- The nation's first elites (founders)
- Limited Government
- Americas Liberal Values
- a Limited Representative Government
Separation of Church and State
- b saw themselves as just-loving philosophical men. and believed they could best determine the will of the people.
- c 55 white, rich, well educated men.
- d Democracy was conceived as a natural enemy why?
- e limited by written rules.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Contained one house for commoners
Contained another house for upper class elites.
Although peoples house had the right to veto.
- Elites are.........
- allow one branch to veto the decisions of the other.
- Doctrine of separation - first person to use "a small wall of separation"
- all societies are divided into.....
5 True/False questions
Northern Bankers, merchants, lawyers, and southern planters. → Founders were.......
Choose their senators. → Today, Americans have won the right to do this.
Joseph Priestly → Negative State theory- the only purpose of government is to protect against natural rights(life,liberty,property) Tie the hands of the government.
Hamilton, Madison, Jay → who said "while it is necessary to control the masses, government must also control itself"
Wright Mills → Colonies decided to impose taxes to pay the war debt.
in Massachusetts, this man, organized a revolt that spread.