5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- James Burgh
- Howard Zinn
- Limited Government
- Checks and Balances
- Joseph Priestly
- a limited by written rules.
- b allow one branch to veto the decisions of the other.
- c Negative State theory- the only purpose of government is to protect against natural rights(life,liberty,property) Tie the hands of the government.
- d Doctrine of separation - first person to use "a small wall of separation"
- e "The us constitution was written to protect the interests of the few from the interests of the many"
5 Multiple choice questions
- Limited Representative Government
Separation of Church and State
- 55 white, rich, well educated men.
- who are the masses?
- came up with the theory of the 3 interlocking sectors.
- the elite house
5 True/False questions
Elite Disagreement → A way of understanding American Politics by focusing on the role of elites.
Election of the President → done by elites through the electoral college.
Bill of Rights → Southern elites demanded this
Congressman, Media, and Military Elites → allow one branch to veto the decisions of the other.
Republic → Contained one house for commoners
Contained another house for upper class elites.
Although peoples house had the right to veto.