5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is it called when some cells perform one function and another cell performs a different function?
- What are the specific functions cells perform for Releasing Materials?
- What was the beginning of the cell theory?
- What are the three major categories of cell junctions?
- a Matthias SchLeiden discovered all pLants are composed of cells
Theodore SchwAnn discovered all Animals are composed of cells.
thus beginning the Cell Theory
- b Cellular division of labor
- c synthesis and release of substances from the cell
- d Excretion
- e Tight, anchoring, and gap junctions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Cell division, DNA can only control so much so cell division will occur after a limited amount of growth.
- a collection of similar cells living together. Each cell could alone carry on the processes of a cell in the colonial organism. (except reproduction cells)
- No. The parts of the organism not made of cells are composed of materials manufactured by cells. For example Chitin covers outside of insects body. It is not a cell but a carbohydrate made by the cell.
- enzymatic breakdown of substances to obtain energy or building blocks
5 True/False questions
Does the size of the organism indicate the size of the cells? → No. The parts of the organism not made of cells are composed of materials manufactured by cells. For example Chitin covers outside of insects body. It is not a cell but a carbohydrate made by the cell.
What are the specific functions cells preform for Nutrition? → Absorption and Digestion
What is a multicellular organism? → a organism that consists of many cells
What are systems? → groups of organs that work together to accomplish one life functions. digestive system - stomach - intestine - colon all together to accomplish Nutrition.
Most multicelluar organisms are made up of what? → Tissues