5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Can tissues exist by themselves?
- What is a multicellular organism?
- Besides tissues what else do multicellular organisms have?
- a a organism that consists of many cells
- b No, they depend on other tissues to supply them. ex muscle tissue depends on blood tissues to bring glucose etc.
- c transport of dissolved substances into cells to serve as energy or building blocks
- d They have organs
- e enzymatic breakdown of substances to obtain energy or building blocks
5 Multiple choice questions
- Systems eg nervous system, digestive system
- elimination of NONSOLUABLE waste from the cell
- No, cells are specialized in multicellluar organisms
- growth and maintenance of the cell
- Cell division, DNA can only control so much so cell division will occur after a limited amount of growth.
5 True/False questions
Does the size of the organism indicate the size of the cells? → No. The parts of the organism not made of cells are composed of materials manufactured by cells. For example Chitin covers outside of insects body. It is not a cell but a carbohydrate made by the cell.
What is a colonial organism? → Unicellular
reproduction → formation of new cells.
homeostasis → ability to maintain a steady state in the cell
What is it called when some cells perform one function and another cell performs a different function? → Cellular division of labor