5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- JE Purkinje
- What are systems?
- What was the beginning of the cell theory?
- In cells biosynthesis of materials results in what?
- a growth and maintenance of the cell
- b movement of the cell itself (locomotion) or movement of substances and structures inside the cell (internal movement)
- c groups of organs that work together to accomplish one life functions. digestive system - stomach - intestine - colon all together to accomplish Nutrition.
- d used the word PROTOPLASM to name all the materials within the cell
- e Matthias SchLeiden discovered all pLants are composed of cells
Theodore SchwAnn discovered all Animals are composed of cells.
thus beginning the Cell Theory
5 Multiple choice questions
- Cellular division of labor
- a organism that consists of many cells
- Discovered the NUCLEUS
- ability to maintain a steady state in the cell
5 True/False questions
What are the specific functions cells perform for Continuing Existence? → homeostasis
Is all of an organism made of cells? → No. The parts of the organism not made of cells are composed of materials manufactured by cells. For example Chitin covers outside of insects body. It is not a cell but a carbohydrate made by the cell.
What are the three major categories of cell junctions? → Tight, anchoring, and gap junctions
secretion → removal of SOLUABLE waste from the cell
egestion → enzymatic breakdown of substances to obtain energy or building blocks