5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is a colonial organism?
- What are the three major categories of cell junctions?
- Do all cells perform all of the functions?
- a No, cells are specialized in multicellluar organisms
- b Tight, anchoring, and gap junctions
- c integration of organic compounds from smaller units obtained from digestion and absorption. results in cell growth, secretion, or replacing worn out parts
- d a collection of similar cells living together. Each cell could alone carry on the processes of a cell in the colonial organism. (except reproduction cells)
- e ability to respond to external factors that affect the operations of the cell.
5 Multiple choice questions
- First to see what he thought to be "cells".
- formation of new cells.
- used the word PROTOPLASM to name all the materials within the cell
- Absorption and Digestion
5 True/False questions
Does the size of the organism indicate the size of the cells? → No. The parts of the organism not made of cells are composed of materials manufactured by cells. For example Chitin covers outside of insects body. It is not a cell but a carbohydrate made by the cell.
What are the 4 processes of life cells perform? → 1. Cells are the units that make up all living things
2. Cells are the units that carry on all functions of all living things.
3. Cells have to come from preexisting cells.
Can tissues exist by themselves? → No, they depend on other tissues to supply them. ex muscle tissue depends on blood tissues to bring glucose etc.
Besides tissues what else do multicellular organisms have? → a organism that consists of many cells
secretion → synthesis and release of substances from the cell