5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are the three major categories of cell junctions?
- After a certain amount of growth what must occur?
- Why did he call them cells?
- Besides tissues what else do multicellular organisms have?
- What are the results of cellular division
- a Cell division, DNA can only control so much so cell division will occur after a limited amount of growth.
- b The first thing he looked at was a thin slice of cork. He saw neat rows of little boxes and they looked like cells in a monastery so he named what he was looking at "cells".
- c 1. new organisms if unicellular
2. more cells in the same organism
3. sex cells - egg or sperm
- d Tight, anchoring, and gap junctions
- e They have organs
5 Multiple choice questions
- Cellular division of labor
- elimination of NONSOLUABLE waste from the cell
- a organism that consists of many cells
- No, cells are specialized in multicellluar organisms
- Matthias SchLeiden discovered all pLants are composed of cells
Theodore SchwAnn discovered all Animals are composed of cells.
thus beginning the Cell Theory
5 True/False questions
Absorption → breakdown of food (usually glucose) with the release of energy
movement → elimination of NONSOLUABLE waste from the cell
In cells biosynthesis of materials results in what? → No. The parts of the organism not made of cells are composed of materials manufactured by cells. For example Chitin covers outside of insects body. It is not a cell but a carbohydrate made by the cell.
What three things happen when cells reach a certain size? → 1. slowdown synthesis of materials
2. secrete certain synthesized materials
What are organs? → Organs are tissues grouped together to perfrom a specific function for the organism.