5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is a one cell organism
- What is a multicellular organism?
- Robert Brown
- What governs the maximum size a cell can attain?
- a Unicellular
- b Discovered the NUCLEUS
- c a organism that consists of many cells
- d transport of dissolved substances into cells to serve as energy or building blocks
- e 1 - DNA governs the size
2 - The ratio btw the surface area of the cell and its volume. At a certain size the cell will need more nutients that can pass through the membrane.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Cell junctions which are chemical interactions between the proteins in cell membranes of the adjacent cells.
- No, cells are specialized in multicellluar organisms
- ability to maintain a steady state in the cell
- enzymatic breakdown of substances to obtain energy or building blocks
- Yes, Cells perform the processes of life.
5 True/False questions
JE Purkinje → breakdown of food (usually glucose) with the release of energy
Most multicelluar organisms are made up of what? → Tissues
Besides tissues what else do multicellular organisms have? → a organism that consists of many cells
What was the beginning of the cell theory? → Matthias SchLeiden discovered all pLants are composed of cells
Theodore SchwAnn discovered all Animals are composed of cells.
thus beginning the Cell Theory
What is a colonial organism? → Unicellular