5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ISO 9000
- Pareto analysis
- check sheet
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS)
- Malcom Baldrige National Quality Award
- a a tool for collecting, organizing, and displaying data with the goal of revealing underlying patterns.
- b a technique for separating the critical few causes of problems for the trivial many.
- c a national quality award bestowed given by the United States National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) in recognition of superior quality and performance excellence.
- d A set of internationally accepted standards for business quality management systems.
- e a design approach that balances customer requirements with the constraints and capabilities of the supporting manufacturing and service processes.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a framework for quantifying the total cost of quality-related efforts and deficiencies.
- A management approach that establishes an organization wide focus on quality.
- costs associated with efforts to prevent product defects and associated failure and appraisal costs.
- a process for improving quality that describes the sequence used to solve problems and improve quality continuously over time; aka the DEMING WHEEL or DEMING CYCLE.
- An acronym for the five steps at the heart of the Six sigma process: define, measure, analyze, improve, and control.
5 True/False questions
Total Quality Management (TQM) → A management approach that establishes an organization wide focus on quality.
internal failure costs → costs associated with quality failures uncovered after products reach customers.
cause and effect diagrams (CEDs) → a framework for quantifying the total cost of quality-related efforts and deficiencies.
appraisal costs → Costs resulting from inspection used to assess quality levels.
conformance quality → a product's fitness for consumption in terms of meeting customers' needs and desires.