5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- internal failure costs
- 14. quality management
- appraisal costs
- standard deviation
- a Costs associated with quality failures uncovered before products are delivered to customers.
- b a measure of the variability or dispersion of a population, data set or distribution.
- c A management approach that establishes an organization wide focus on quality.
- d Costs resulting from inspection used to assess quality levels.
- e An acronym for the five steps at the heart of the Six sigma process: define, measure, analyze, improve, and control.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a process for improving quality that describes the sequence used to solve problems and improve quality continuously over time; aka the DEMING WHEEL or DEMING CYCLE.
- a graphical representation of the distribution of values.
- a measure of how well a product's designed features match up to the requirements of a given customer group.
- a national quality award bestowed given by the United States National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) in recognition of superior quality and performance excellence.
- A set of internationally accepted standards for business quality management systems.
5 True/False questions
conformance quality → a product's fitness for consumption in terms of meeting customers' needs and desires.
Total Quality Management (TQM) → An integrated business management strategy aimed at embedding awareness of quality in all organizational processes.
Cost of quality (COQ) → a framework for quantifying the total cost of quality-related efforts and deficiencies.
product quality → a measure of how well a product's designed features match up to the requirements of a given customer group.
check sheet → a tool for collecting, organizing, and displaying data with the goal of revealing underlying patterns.