5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- plan-do-check-act cycle (PDCA)
- design quality
- Malcom Baldrige National Quality Award
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS)
- product quality
- a a design approach that balances customer requirements with the constraints and capabilities of the supporting manufacturing and service processes.
- b a measure of how well a product's designed features match up to the requirements of a given customer group.
- c a product's fitness for consumption in terms of meeting customers' needs and desires.
- d a process for improving quality that describes the sequence used to solve problems and improve quality continuously over time; aka the DEMING WHEEL or DEMING CYCLE.
- e a national quality award bestowed given by the United States National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) in recognition of superior quality and performance excellence.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Costs resulting from inspection used to assess quality levels.
- a measure of the variability or dispersion of a population, data set or distribution.
- An integrated business management strategy aimed at embedding awareness of quality in all organizational processes.
- a framework for quantifying the total cost of quality-related efforts and deficiencies.
- costs associated with efforts to prevent product defects and associated failure and appraisal costs.
5 True/False questions
internal failure costs → Costs associated with quality failures uncovered before products are delivered to customers.
external failure costs → Costs associated with quality failures uncovered before products are delivered to customers.
Six Sigma → a graphical representation of the distribution of values.
check sheet → a management program that seeks to improve the quality of process outputs by identifying and removing the causes of defects and variation in the various processes.
ISO 9000 → A set of internationally accepted standards for business quality management systems.