5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- product quality
- Cost of quality (COQ)
- standard deviation
- Malcom Baldrige National Quality Award
- internal failure costs
- a a framework for quantifying the total cost of quality-related efforts and deficiencies.
- b a measure of the variability or dispersion of a population, data set or distribution.
- c a product's fitness for consumption in terms of meeting customers' needs and desires.
- d a national quality award bestowed given by the United States National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) in recognition of superior quality and performance excellence.
- e Costs associated with quality failures uncovered before products are delivered to customers.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a measure of how well a product's designed features match up to the requirements of a given customer group.
- An acronym for the five steps at the heart of the Six sigma process: define, measure, analyze, improve, and control.
- a graphical representation of the distribution of values.
- a management program that seeks to improve the quality of process outputs by identifying and removing the causes of defects and variation in the various processes.
- costs associated with quality failures uncovered after products reach customers.
5 True/False questions
14. quality management → A management approach that establishes an organization wide focus on quality.
conformance quality → a product's fitness for consumption in terms of meeting customers' needs and desires.
check sheet → a management program that seeks to improve the quality of process outputs by identifying and removing the causes of defects and variation in the various processes.
Pareto analysis → a technique for separating the critical few causes of problems for the trivial many.
prevention costs → costs associated with efforts to prevent product defects and associated failure and appraisal costs.