5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- base-isolated building
- mercalli scale
- a an earthquake that occurs after a larger earthquake in the same area.
- b instrument that records and measures seismic waves
- c building designed to reduce the amount of energy that reaches the building during an earthquake.
- d developed to rate earthquakes according to the level of damage at a given place.
- e occurs when an Earthquakes violent shaking suddenly turns loose soft soil into liquid
5 Multiple choice questions
- the rock on a normal fault that hangs above
- the shaking and trembling that results from the movement of rock beneath the earths surface
- stress force that pulls on the crust stretching rock so that it becomes thinner in the middle.
- the point on the Earth's surface directly above the focus of an earthquake
- the force that opposes the motion of one surface as it moves across another surface
5 True/False questions
SYNCLINE → a fold in rock that bends downward to form a valley
stress → A type of seismic wave that moves the ground up and down or side to side.
shearing → a fold in rock that bends downward to form a valley
s wave → A type of seismic wave that compresses and expands the ground.
moment magnitude scale → developed to rate earthquakes according to the level of damage at a given place.