5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- mercalli scale
- surface wave
- normal fault
- a developed to rate earthquakes according to the level of damage at a given place.
- b a type of seismic wave that forms when P waves and S waves reach Earth's surface
- c the force that opposes the motion of one surface as it moves across another surface
- d the fault is at an angle so one block of rock lies above the fault while the other block lies below the fault.
- e water displaced by an earthquake grows into a mountain of water as it approaches shallow
5 Multiple choice questions
- a fold in rock that bends upward into an arch
- rating of an earth quake's magnitude based on the size of the seismic waves.
- instrument that records and measures seismic waves
- the rock on a normal fault that lies below.
- Stress force that squeezes rock until until it folds or breaks
5 True/False questions
reverse fault → the fault is at an angle so one block of rock lies above the fault while the other block lies below the fault.
strike-slip fault → same as a reverse fault except the blocks move in the opposite direction
magnitude → a fold in rock that bends upward into an arch
s wave → A type of seismic wave that moves the ground up and down or side to side.
epicenter → the point on the Earth's surface directly above the focus of an earthquake