5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Lipid; Water
- limbic system
- 200,000; inhibitory; nuclei
- frontal; parietal; occipital; temporal
- a The _______ cranial nerve is primarily responsible for tongue motor function, while glossopharyngeal is one of the sensory cranial nerves for the tongue. (along with trigeminal and facial)
- b _____-soluble substances pass through the BBB by diffusion.
_____-soluble substances pass through the BBB by mediated transport.
- c Purkinje cells receive ______ synapses, are ______, and are the only cereballar cortex neurons that send axons to the cerebellar ______.
______ lobe; a b c d
- e This is found in the cerebrum and diencephalon and is responsible for basic survival functions such as memory, reproduction, and nutrition. Also responsible for emotions.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The cerebrum is composed of right and left ________ each of which has the following lobes: frontal, parietal, occipital temporal, and ______.
- Def.: Four nuclei that form mounds on the dorsal surface of the midbrain.
- Put the meninges of the brain in order from outermost to innermost.
- The brainstem connects the ______ ____ to the _____ and integrates reflexes necessary for ________.
- Joins the third and fourth ventricles and is continuous with the spinal cord.
5 True/False questions
pituitary → The infundibulum connects the hypothalamus to the posterior _______ gland.
hypothalamus → Portion of the diencephalon important in regulation of mood, emotion, sexual pleasure, satiation, rage and fear.
central sulcus → Def.: White matter between the cortex and nuclei that contains association, commissural, and projection fibers.
cerebellum → Def.: Four nuclei that form mounds on the dorsal surface of the midbrain.
cortex → Outer surface of the cerebrum.