5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- subdural; subarachnoid
- motor; somatic sensory
- a ______ space = serous fluid. ______ space = CSF.
- b Def.: Nuclei within the medulla oblongata that help regulate balance, coordination, and modulation of sound from inner ear.
- c Outer surface of the cerebrum.
- d Folds of the cortex of the cerebrum.
- e Cerebrum:
precentral gyrus = primary _____ cortex
postcentral gyrus = primary _______ _______ cortex
5 Multiple choice questions
ventral anterior and ventral lateral nuclei = ______ function.
- BBB: (Three characteristics determining permeability.)
________ cells (lining all capillaries) have tight junctions between them.
_______ have foot processes that influence capillary _______.
Basement membrane of endothelium.
- T or F: The medulla oblongata has both ascending and descending nerve tracts.
- Two are found in the corpora quadrigemina.
Involved in hearing.
- Part of the cerebellum that controls balance and eye movements.
5 True/False questions
inferior → The _______ cerebellar peduncle goes to the medulla oblongata.
diencephalon → Part of the brain located between the brainstem and cerebrum.
Circle of Willis →
V; IX-XII → Give the numbers of the cranial nerves with nuclei in the medulla oblongata.
15-20 → The brain receives __-__% of blood pumped by the heart.