5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- cerebral medulla
- pineal gland
- commissural fibers
- a This part of the brain is attached the the brainstem and is posterior to the pons.
- b Part of the epithalamus that may influence sleepiness, regulate biological clock, and play a role in the onset of puberty.
- c Fibers that connect one hemisphere to the other.
- d Def.: White matter between the cortex and nuclei that contains association, commissural, and projection fibers.
- e Most inferior portion of the diencephalon.
5 Multiple choice questions
precentral gyrus = primary _____ cortex
postcentral gyrus = primary _______ _______ cortex
- Purkinje cells receive ______ synapses, are ______, and are the only cereballar cortex neurons that send axons to the cerebellar ______.
- T or F: The medulla oblongata has both ascending and descending nerve tracts.
- Blood vessels (capillaries) that selectively let certain substances enter the brain tissue and keep other substances out.
5 True/False questions
cerebral → This portion of the brain has gray cortex and nuclei with white matter (tracts) between.
brainstem; medulla oblongata; pons; midbrain; reticular formation → Put the meninges of the brain in order from outermost to innermost.
medulla oblongata → This part of the brainstem is continuous with the spinal cord.
spinal cord; brain; survival → Blood vessels (capillaries) that selectively let certain substances enter the brain tissue and keep other substances out.
tectum; tegmentum; substantia nigra; red nucleus; superior colliculi →
a b c d e