5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- cerebral medulla
- Circle of Willis
- a Part of the diencephalon that has two lateral portions connected by the intermediate mass.
- b T or F: The medulla oblongata has both ascending and descending nerve tracts.
- c A circle of arteries that supply blood to the brain. (fun name!)
- d Def.: White matter between the cortex and nuclei that contains association, commissural, and projection fibers.
- e The Infundibulum of the hypothalamus controls the ________ system.
5 Multiple choice questions
- BBB: (Three characteristics determining permeability.)
________ cells (lining all capillaries) have tight junctions between them.
_______ have foot processes that influence capillary _______.
Basement membrane of endothelium.
- Cranial nerve that sends parasympathetic information from the brain to the carotid.
- Sensory information from spinal cord synapses in this part of the diencephalon before projecting to the cerebrum.
- The insula is within this lobe of the brain.
- T or F: The brain requires very little blood.
5 True/False questions
medulla oblongata → The insula is within this lobe of the brain.
basal nuclei → Part of the epithalamus that causes an emotional and visceral response to odors.
blood flow → Fluid that bathes the brain and spinal cord and serves as a protective cushion around the CNS.
200,000; inhibitory; nuclei → The substantia nigra of the midbrain is interconnected with _____ _____ of the cerebrum.
diencephalon → The _______ cerebellar peduncle goes to the medulla oblongata.