5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- cerebrum; diencephalon; midbrain
- Circle of Willis
- a Thalamus:
lateral dorsal nucleus = ______ regulation
- b Center of the cerebrum.
- c A circle of arteries that supply blood to the brain. (fun name!)
- d Basal nuclei are found in the _______, ________, and ______ of the brainstem.
- e Give the numbers of the cranial nerve nuclei present in the pons.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Depressions of the cortex of the cerebrum.
- Most inferior part of the brainstem.
- This portion of the brain has gray cortex and nuclei with white matter (tracts) between.
______ gyrus = primary motor cortex
_______ gyrus = primary somatic sensory cortex
- Nicotine, ethanol, and heroin cross the BBB by ________.
Amino acids and glucose cross the BBB by ________ transport.
5 True/False questions
falx; tentorium; falx → Formed by dura mater:
____ cerebri = longitudinal fissure between the two cerebral hemispheres.
_________ cerebelli = dura mater between cerebellum and cerebrum.
____ cerebelli = dura mater between the two cerebellar hemispheres.
cerebrum; brainstem → Largets portion of the brain.
inferior → Folds of the cortex of the cerebrum.
gyri → Folds of the cortex of the cerebrum.
inferior colliculi → Two are found in the corpora quadrigemina.
Involved in hearing.