Upgrade to remove ads
Mobile App & Open Source: Word of the Day
Terms in this set (56)
Tending to put off what ought to be done at once; given to procrastination
Dash of flamboyance in manner or style
Possessing or displaying a strange and other wordly aspect or quality; magical or fairylike; elfin
Showing great attention to detail or correct behavior
A person who has returned, esp. supposedly from the dead.
The point at which someone or something is best, perfect, or most successful.
Not able to be refuted or disproved; indisputable. Unable to prove wrong
In excellent order
1. Having a strong, pleasant taste.
2. (of talk or writing) Pleasant or interesting.
A habitual pleasure-seeker.
1. Be a sign or warning that (something, esp. something momentous or calamitous) is likely to happen.
2. Be a signal of.
Noun: A large undulating mass of something, typically cloud, smoke, or steam.
Verb: (of fabric) Fill with air and swell outward: "her dress billowed out around her".
Regularly found among particular people or in a certain area.
1. An imaginary wild animal of fierce disposition.
2. A person of uncouth or unconventional habits, attitudes, etc., especially one considered a menace, nuisance, or the like.
a disturbance of body equilibrium in standing or walking, resulting in an uncertain gait and trembling, especially resulting from diseases of the cerebellum.
1. Affected with or exhibiting prejudice, as from envy or resentment.
2. Affected with or colored by or as if by jaundice; yellowed.
1. the study of the causes of diseases.
2. the cause or origin of a disease.
A theory or story of the origin and development of the universe.
Situated on the back
1. Open to discussion or debate; doubtful.
2. Of little or no practical value or meaning; purely academic.
extremely disturbing or distressing; grievous: a harrowing experience.
1. to recline or lean in a relaxed, lazy, or indolent manner; lounge: to loll on a sofa.
2. to hang loosely; droop; dangle: The dog stood in the heat with his tongue lolling out of his mouth.
A state of mind consisting of pure sensation or emotion without cognitive content.
1. To spellbind; fascinate.
2. To hypnotize.
1. To comment unfavorably or critically.
2. Obsolete. To take cognizance or notice of.
violently or destructively frenzied; wild; crazed; deranged
1. Beyond or outside the field of experience.
2. Of or pertaining to metempirics.
able to be seized or grasped
careful; cautious; prudent; knowing; sagacious; skilled; thrifty:
1. a direct vote of the qualified voters of a state in regard to some important public question.
2. the vote by which the people of a political unit determine autonomy or affiliation with another country.
1. a state of drowsy contentment, especially from the use of a narcotic.
2. Also, keef. a substance, especially a smoking preparation of hemp leaves, used to produce this state.
1. A section of a book or set of books published in installments as separate pamphlets or volumes.
2. A small bundle, tight cluster, or the like.
3. Botany. A close cluster, as of flowers or leaves.
4. Anatomy. A small bundle of nerve or muscle fibers.
1. Various religious writings of uncertain origin regarded by some as inspired, but rejected by most authorities.
2. A group of 14 books, not considered canonical, included in the Septuagint and the Vulgate as part of the Old Testament, but usually omitted from Protestant editions of the Bible.
3. Writings, statements, etc., of doubtful authorship or authenticity.
1. A small or minor work. 2. A literary or musical work of small size.
a volume of reprinted works of a single author or of works related in interest or theme.
1. a simultaneous or successive discharge of artillery, bombs, etc.
2. a round of fire given as a salute.
3. a round of cheers or applause.
1. A wretched coward; craven.
2. Marked by utter cowardice."
to make a crackling sound; crackle.
To eulogize; to deliver or write a panegyric about.
boorish or rude.
to crowd closely together.
a disturbance or a brawl.
wooded or uncultivated country.
a mass of trees or shrubs.
a branch of a tree, especially one of the larger or main branches.
wicked; base; villainous.
a procession, especially a ceremonial one.
to adhere closely; stick; cling
to scrape off
a reproduction; copy
any strong regional accent
a breach of good manners or etiquette
Concerned with declarations of war and treaties of peace.
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
Open Standard/Open Source
MIS ch 11 - open source & cloud computing
Ch 10: Software in Flux: Open Source, Cloud, and V…
Open Source Operating System
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Creekside Vocab A-5 51~100
English Final Vocab
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Block 2 GARQS