5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- gloomy and depressing
- all the hopes her mother had for her daughter
- fear of gods and fear of dying
- a What is this an example of: "then the pencil would resume whispering" ?
- b What does the piano represent in "Two Kinds"
- c internal conflict in "By the Waters of Babylon"
- d time, place, and physical details of a story
- e mood of "The Pedestrian"
5 Multiple choice questions
- writing style of "Contents of a Dead Man's Pocket"
- author of "The Storyteller"
- writing style of "By the Waters of Babylon"
- In "The Leap", the grave stone seems to become clearer, what does this symbolize?
- In "The Leap", what does her second husband teacher her to do?
5 True/False questions
perserverance → voice in "Typhoid Fever"
writer → What is the man's profession in "The Pedestrian" ?
love,work,friends → In the poem "You want a social life, with friends", what 3 elements of life are mentioned?
internal conflict → arranging words to be similar in form
third person limited omniscient → What did the author NOT use to make the time seem to move more slowly in "Contents of Dead Man's Pocket" ?