5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- first person
- Louise Erdich
- have courage to take risks in the future and it takes faith to live
- Stefano in the boat facing the colomber
- a point of view in "By the Waters of Babylon"
- b theme of "The Leap"
- c author of "The Leap"
- d climax in the "Colomber"
- e protagonist in "Colomber"
5 Multiple choice questions
- What did the author NOT use to make the time seem to move more slowly in "Contents of Dead Man's Pocket" ?
- writing style of "The Pedestrian"
- What would the pearl bring to a person in "Colomber" ?
- theme of "Contents of Dead Man's Pocket"
- What were the people like in "The Pedestrian"
5 True/False questions
third person limited omniscient → point of view in "The Cold Equations"
Dino Buzzati → What is this an example of: " I was seven the year the house caught fire" ?
foreshadowing and flashback → What literary devices are used in "The Leap" ?
her better understanding of her sister's death → In "The Leap", the grave stone seems to become clearer, what does this symbolize?
it adds a sense of mystery to it and lets us see what he's thinking → Why is the daughter resistant to the mother in "Two Kinds" ?