5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Amy Tan
- first person narration
- a What does the pearl symbolize in "Colomber" ?
- b author's characteristic manner of expression
- c What did the author NOT use to make the time seem to move more slowly in "Contents of Dead Man's Pocket" ?
- d arranging words to be similar in form
- e author of "Two Kinds"
5 Multiple choice questions
- Who could see the colomber in the story "Colomber" ?
- theme of "Colomber"
- narrator who knows everything about everyone
- author of "The Storyteller"
- author of "The Leap"
5 True/False questions
foreshadowing → What is this an example of: "lips destined never again to meet" ?
New York → setting in "By the Waters of Babylon"
colomber → crucial moment in story when the conflict is revealed
a skeleton in a boat holding a stone → climax in the "Colomber"
love,work,friends → In the poem "You want a social life, with friends", what 3 elements of life are mentioned?