5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- she wants to be accepted the way she is
- wordy and lengthy
- her better understanding of her sister's death
- a In "The Leap", the grave stone seems to become clearer, what does this symbolize?
- b a glimpse into the past
- c What is this an example of: " shoe sole shuffling and scraping" ?
- d Why is the daughter resistant to the mother in "Two Kinds" ?
- e writing style of "The Pedestrian"
5 Multiple choice questions
- mental or emotional struggle in a character
- What is this an example of: " I was seven the year the house caught fire" ?
- framework of a story
- author of "The Cold Equations"
- What would the pearl bring to a person in "Colomber" ?
5 True/False questions
story of their survival and hardships → What is the quilt symbolic of in "Everyday Use"
enemy and a friend → What is the colomber viewed as by Stefano?
foreshadowing and flashback → What literary devices are used in "The Leap" ?
first person → narrator distinguished by "he,she,it"
theme → moral/lesson of a story