5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Family of procreation
- Social institution
- a The patterned regular ways in which a society has organized to meet its basic need
- b The practice of having two or more spouses at a time.
The preferred marital arrangement worldwide.
- c Our attitudes and beliefs affect and distort views...
Experience vs expertise
Ongoing social controversy
- d Universal Nuclear family
Self reliant traditional family
- e Common term for the family formed through marriage and childbearing
5 Multiple choice questions
Centrists: Blend of both
- Outside forces shape family experiences
- The practice of having two or more wives.
- Despite cultural and historical variation the following characteristic seem to be shared:
Gender, sexuality, relationships with kin and in-laws, legitimacy of children
Establishment of specific roles within the wider community
Transferr of wealth and property
Assignment of responsibility for caring for and socializing children or thier relatives
- Group of related families
5 True/False questions
Consanguineous relationships → Family relationships created through marriage
The family of orientation → Family formed through living or cohabiting with another person, whether they are married or unmarried
Kinship system → The social organization of the family
Conjugal relationships → Family relationships created through marriage
Serial Monogomy → The practice of having only one spouse at a time