5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Affiliated Kin
- Nuclear Family
- Conjugal relationships
- Consanguineous relationships
- a created through biological ties. (through birth)
- b unrelated individuals who feel and are treated as if they were relatives
- c Mother, father, and children
- d The practice of having two or more spouses at a time.
The preferred marital arrangement worldwide.
- e Family relationships created through marriage
5 Multiple choice questions
- Male: Instrumental
- One or more people-everyone living in a housing unit
- Middle class version of the nuclear family
- Group of related families
- The family in which we grew up
5 True/False questions
Polyandry → The practice of having two or more wives.
Serial Monogomy → The practice of having only one spouse at a time
Marriage → A legally recognized union between two people. Generally a man and a woman, in which they are united sexually, cooperate economically, and may give birth to, adopt, or rear children.
In western cultures, the only legal form is monogomy
As simple as such a definition may make it seem, it differs among cultures and has changed considerably in our society.
Conservative Perspective → cultural values have shifted from individual self sacrifice toward personal self-fulfillment
Kinship system → Our attitudes and beliefs affect and distort views...
Experience vs expertise
Ongoing social controversy