5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- the passage of British restrictions on trade encouraged colonial merchants to...
- an unfortunate group of involuntary immigrants who ranked even below indentured servants on the American social scale were...
- the most honored professional in colonial America was the...
- Johnathan Edwards
- Regulator Movement
- a convicts and paupers
- b brilliant New England theologian who instigated the Great Awakening
- c find ways to smuggle and otherwise evade the law by trading with other countries
- d clergyman
- e rebellious movement of frontiersmen in the southern colonies that included future President Andrew Jackson
5 Multiple choice questions
- the case that established the precedent that true statements about public officials could not be prosecuted as libel
- Anglicans and Congregationalists
- popular term for convicted criminals dumped on colonies by British authorities
- the smaller group at the top of a society or institution, usually possessing wealth, power, or special privileges
- eloquent lawyer-orator who argued in defense of colonial rights
5 True/False questions
colleges → dominant religious group in colonial Pennsylvania, criticized by others for their attitudes towards Indians
agitators → those who seek to excite or persuade the public on some issue
council → the upper house of a colonial legislature, appointed by the crown or the proprietor
the Anglican Church suffered in colonial America because of... → agriculture
compared with the seventeenth century, American colonial society in the eighteenth century showed... → greater gaps in wealth and status between rich and poor; however, there was also greater opportunity for convicts and indentured servants to climb to the top