5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Treaty of Munster
- Duke of Alva
- Ignatius of Loyola
- a French Calvinists
- b Document that recognized the Dutch Netherlands' independence from Spain (1648)
- c city that was reformed by Calvin, had a church government- had both clergy and laity in the service of the church, Consistory, became a powerful center of Protestantism
- d Author of the Spiritual Exercises and founder of a monastic order which had as its aim the spread of Catholicism through education.
- e He was sent by Phillip II to "pacify" Netherlands, establishes Council of Blood- 12,000 people killed in one day
5 Multiple choice questions
- John Calvin's major work that established the theology and doctrine of the Calvinist churches; first published in 1536
- Intense Catholic English monarch that married Phillip of Spain to enforce Catholic policies. Alienated English People. Nicknamed "Bloody Mary." Died childless in 1558. Her half sister Elizabeth I was next in line for power.
- A book written by Cervantes. The book was written to satirize the chivalric romances then in popular Spain.
- People that believed women could preach because of equal rights.
- One of the winners of the 30YW.
5 True/False questions
Calvin → Pope who was responsible for launching the Catholic Counter-Reformation.
Munster → Town seized by Anabaptists in which they combined religious fanaticism with reign of terror. They burned all books other than the bible. The leader was John Bockleson.
radical protestants → 40 different religion sects in Western Europe. They had a common practice of baptizing as adults. They applied ideas of Protestantism into civil life.
Spiritual Exercises → Written by Ignatius of Loyola. This was a training manual for spiritual development and strengthened people to follow the will of God.
Anabaptists → 40 different religion sects in Western Europe. They had a common practice of baptizing as adults. They applied ideas of Protestantism into civil life.