Sets found in the same folder
Other sets by this creator
Like salt and pepper. Match the terms with the descriptions
(a) Primary messenger _______
(b) Second messenger _______
(c) G-protein coupled receptor _______
(d) Heterotrimeric G-protein _______
(f) Protein kinase A _______
(g) cAMP phosphodiesterase _______
(h) GTPase activity _______
(i) Cholera _______
(j) Pertussis _______
(k) Phospholipase C _______
(m) Inositol trisphosphate _______
(n) Protein kinase C _______
- Activated by 7TM receptor
- Stimulated by cAMP
- Results in the reassociation of and
- Generates two second messengers
- Activated by diacylglycerol
- Composed of seven transmembrane helices
- Message received by the cell
- Results from inhibition
- Activates phospholipase 10 Activates adenylate cyclase
- Activates a channel
- Due to persistent stimulation of
- Intracellular chemical that relays message from ligand receptor complex
- Results in the inactivation of protein kinase A
Consider the random variable X with density given by
(a) What is the distribution of X?
(b) What is E[X]?
(c) Find the method of moments estimator for .
(d) Find the maximum likelihood estimator for based on a random sample of size n. Does this estimator differ from that found in part (c)?
(e) Estimate based on these data:
(f) Are the estimators found in parts and unbiased estimators for ?