PET Writing Part 1: Sentence Transformations - Comparisons
Terms in this set (35)
1) She is better at tennis than any other sport.
Tennis is her __________ sport.
2) Water is better for you than fizzy drinks.
Fizzy drinks aren't ___________ for you as water.
11) I prefer chocolate ice cream to vanilla.
I like chocolate ice cream __________ vanilla.
17) We prefer P.E. to Language.
We like P.E. _________ Language.
19) Living in France is more exciting than going there on holiday.
Going on holiday to France isn't as _________ living there.
26) I prefer playing football to reading books.
I like playing football __________ reading books.
30) She sings better than anyone else.
She is ____________ singer.
49) Food in supermarkets is cheaper than in small shops.
Food in supermarkets costs _________ than in small shops.
52) Water is cheaper than wine.
Wine is not __________ as water.
58) You had a better mark than him.
He had a ___________ mark than you.
not as expensive
79) A holiday in Florida is cheaper than one in California.
A holiday in Florida is _________________ as one in California.
much as men
89) In some jobs, men are paid more than women for the same work.
In some jobs women are not paid as _________________ for the same work.
90) None of my classmates enjoys mathematics as much as I do.
I enjoy mathematics ______________ any of my classmates.
as expensive as
92) The ticket for the circus performance was cheaper than I'd expected.
The ticket for the circus performance wasn't ________________ I'd expected.
as bad as
103) The weather was better than they had expected.
The weather wasn't __________ they had expected.
104) I'm better at languages than any other subject.
Languages are my ____________ subject.
105) Fish is better for you than meat.
Meat isn't __________ for you as fish.
as famous as
114) The Globe is more famous than most other theatres.
Most other theatres are not _______ The Globe.
132) I've never read such a good book.
This is ________________book I've ever read.
133) I've never had such a good meal.
That was the best meal I've ________________
134) There are more people here than yesterday.
There weren't ________________. people here yesterday as there are today.
135) I like Mary more than Jane.
I don't like Jane _____________ as Mary.
136) My son doesn't read as much as my daughter.
My daughter reads ________________ my son.
as interesting as
139) I think that history books are more interesting than novels.
I think that novels are not _________________ history books.
144) The Bluebell is more comfortable than other restaurants in the area.
Other restaurants in the area are not as _____________the Bluebell.
147) Jason's new netbook was cheaper than his old PC.
Jason's old PC was __________ than his new netbook.
169) I prefer playing the guitar to playing the piano.
I like playing the guitar ________________ playing the piano.
as tall as
171) Peter is taller than Jermaine.
Jermaine isn't ________________ Peter.
196) Maria isn't as tall as her sister.
Maria is ___________ her sister.
211) All the other schools in town are more expensive than the Kings School.
The King School is the _____________ expensive of all schools in town.
the most interesting
213) People say there is no other castle as interesting as this one in Europe.
People say that this is _____________ castle in Europe.
220) The tickets were cheaper than we expected.
The tickets weren't as _________________ we had expected.
241) People are usually taller in the USA than in Spain.
Spanish people are not as ______ people in the USA.
249) This is Mary's favourite book.
Mary likes this book ___________ any other book.
250) Dolphins are my favourite marine animal.
I like dolphins _________ any other marine animal.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
The Best Man
CMS - Mountain Dog, Suber
'The Help' Study Guide: Ch. 31-34 Q & A
PET Writing part 1 (1) Practise and preparation EAL
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
BE3.09 and 3.10 (Body parts)
Active to passive (Present tense)
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
PET Writing Part 1: Sentence Transformations (MEGA-SUPER SET!)
PET Writing Part 1: Sentence Transformations - PASSIVE / ACTIVE
PET Writing Part 1: Sentence Transformations - there is / have
PET Writing Part 1: Sentence Transformations - too / enough, so / such a