5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 1. Theoretical Framework
- Degradation and Reuptake
- Motor Neurons
- a Neurotransmitters that do not bind to postsynaptic receptors are deactivated through degradation by enzymes or reuptake into the presynaptic neuron.
- b "relay station"- processes info from each sensory modality, receives info from the cortex, and transmits it to the motor system
- c Transmit commands away from the brain to the muscles, organs, and glands of the body (efferent). Carry out voluntary and vital bodily functions.
- d the influence of membership in a larger group (e.g. a nation); culture impacts the psychological functioning of individuals within a society
- e Theory: a systematic way of organizing and explaining observations (a theory provides framework for generating a hypothesis: proposed cause-and-effect relationship between 2 or more variables.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Examines people's enduring ways of responding in different kinds of situations and the ways individuals differ in how they tend to think, feel, and behave. (e.g., What are the underlying factors of personality?)
- Consistency across people (2 or more raters, who independently score the same person should give the person the same or very similar scores)
- the process of looking inward and reporting on one's conscious experience; people were trained to provide verbal reports of their own psychological processes
- possible when scientist continue to encounter an anomaly, which cannot be explained by the current paradigm (paradigms are relatively rigid, and normal science persists due to its apparent inflexibility)
- Determines the degree to which two variables are co-related. CORRELATION DOES NOT IMPLY CAUSATION!
5 True/False questions
Experimenter's Dilemma → psychologists manipulate some aspect of a situation and measure the impact of the manipulation on the way participants respond.
Bivariate Distribution → Visually represents the relationship b/w two variables (scatterplot)
Rationalism vs. Empiricism → Does knowledge about the world come from logic and reasoning or from experience and observation?
4 Characteristics of Good Research → Determines the degree to which two variables are co-related. CORRELATION DOES NOT IMPLY CAUSATION!
Ventromedial Prefrontal Cortex → Strength diminishes as it travels away. Graded potentials are cumulative