5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- example of directional selection
- how many kingdoms are in the current classification system
- Four ways we come to know things
- typological thought
- Quantitative traits
- a authority, belief, logic and science
- b 6
- c the concept that all living organisms conform to a norm and that variation is abnormal
- d continuous characters such as height weight usually measured on an interval or ratio scale
- e large cliff swallows survived because they had more fat stores in a cold snap so the large allele became dominant for survival. might not be fixed though
5 Multiple choice questions
- a group or species
- your contribution to the gene pool for future generations the higher your ability to reproduce and survive the higher your fitness.
- must be inherited from common ancestor, so the traits are similar due to common ancestry but they often have different function like wings.
- similarity in adult morphology
- first to use a form of the scientific method
5 True/False questions
what are two ways organisms obtain energy → archaea bacteria and eukarya
Darwin → generalizations that describe phenomena
the theory of evolution by natural selection was revolutionary because? → it overturned the typological thinking and that species were unchanging, it was scientific and could be experimented on an tested
Intersubjective testability → ability to be corroborated or repeated
Ancestral traits → ts that existed in a common ancestor.