Wordly Wise 3000 Book 4, Lesson 1
vocabulary words for Wordly Wise 3000 book 4, lesson 1
Terms in this set (18)
v. to help or be helpful; to be useful
n. 1. something that is useful or helpful, that does good;
2. an event held to raise money for a cause
adj. 1. having no missing parts, whole;
v. to finish
v. 1. To go through a process of growth. Running regularly develops strong leg muscles;
2. To bring or come into being.The day after I brushed against the poison ivy, a rash developed on my leg;
3. To apply chemicals to photographic film to bring out the picture .I want to learn to develop my own pictures.
v. 1. To cause feelings,worry, or surprise. n. A sudden loss of courage because of worry or fear.
n. 1. A state of being comfortable-without worry, pain, or trouble. v. 2. To make less worried, pained, or troubled.
n. Small lumps of frozen rain.
v. 1. To fall as frozen rain.
2. To greet or welcome, usually with admiration.
v. To be without.
n. A shortage.
adj. 1. Chief;main.
2. Having or showing great skill
v. To become skilled at.
n. One who loves, supports, and is loyal to his or her country.
n. Having or showing love for ones country.
n. Love for ones country.
n. A plan or idea for doing something.
v. To stick out.
2. To cause an image to show on a screen
v. 1. To make a statement of praise.I loved The Secret Garden and I highly recommend it;2. To give advice; to suggest.
v. To say; to make a comment.
n. Something said; a comment
adj. Deserving of being noticed; unusual.
v. 1. To stand for.
2. To act in of.
adj. Enough to feed
v. To make sounds with the voice; to speak.