5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Neolithic Revolution
- a A government in which the ruler is viewed as a divine figure; A government controlled by religious figures.
- b The major change in human life caused by the beginnings of farming; people's shift from food gathering to food producing.
- c The belief in many gods.
- d A system of writing with wedge shaped symbols, invented by the Sumerians around 3000 BC
- e The fact that everything that happens will have some kind of event in response.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The spread of ideas, customs, and technology from one people to another. Occured through migration, trade, and warfare.
- The way people view things, and a predisposed opinion for or against something or someone.
- The features of civilization are advanced cities, specialized workers, complex institiutions, record keeping, and advanced technology.
- A monothesistic religion that believes God sent down his only son to Earth to save us all from our sins.
- A direct quote from a person who was there vs. a retelling of the events by someone who heard the story.
5 True/False questions
Hinduism → A collection of religious beliefs that developed slowly over a long period of time. polytheistic religion
Islam → Information about earlier times, either written down, or passed from generation to generation orally.
Monarchy → A government in which power is in the hands of a single person.
Judaism → A monotheistic religion that had a prophet, named Moses, who led Jews to the "promise land".
Early River Valley Civilization → Two rivers flow from the mountains of Turkey, down to Syria and Iraq, and then to the Persian Gulf. These rivers provided the lifeblood that allowed the formation of farming settlements. This pattern would also occur along other rivers in Africa, India, and China.