5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Dynastic Cycle
- Early River Valley Civilization
- a The fact that everything that happens will have some kind of event in response.
- b The belief in many gods.
- c The historical pattern of the rise, decline, and replacement of dynasties.
- d Two rivers flow from the mountains of Turkey, down to Syria and Iraq, and then to the Persian Gulf. These rivers provided the lifeblood that allowed the formation of farming settlements. This pattern would also occur along other rivers in Africa, India, and China.
- e A monotheistic religion that started with the prophet Muhammed, and spread all over the Middle East. God is known as Allah.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A collection of religious beliefs that developed slowly over a long period of time. polytheistic religion
- The features of civilization are advanced cities, specialized workers, complex institiutions, record keeping, and advanced technology.
- A direct quote from a person who was there vs. a retelling of the events by someone who heard the story.
- A belief in a single god.
- The way people view things, and a predisposed opinion for or against something or someone.
5 True/False questions
Cuneiform → A system of writing with wedge shaped symbols, invented by the Sumerians around 3000 BC
Monarchy → A belief in a single god.
Code of Hammurabi → A government in which the ruler is viewed as a divine figure; A government controlled by religious figures.
Cultural Diffusion → The spread of ideas, customs, and technology from one people to another. Occured through migration, trade, and warfare.
Buddhism → A monotheistic religion that had a prophet, named Moses, who led Jews to the "promise land".