5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Features of a Civilization
- a The way people view things, and a predisposed opinion for or against something or someone.
- b A monotheistic religion that had a prophet, named Moses, who led Jews to the "promise land".
- c A government in which power is in the hands of a single person.
- d A government in which the ruler is viewed as a divine figure; A government controlled by religious figures.
- e The features of civilization are advanced cities, specialized workers, complex institiutions, record keeping, and advanced technology.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Two rivers flow from the mountains of Turkey, down to Syria and Iraq, and then to the Persian Gulf. These rivers provided the lifeblood that allowed the formation of farming settlements. This pattern would also occur along other rivers in Africa, India, and China.
- The spread of ideas, customs, and technology from one people to another. Occured through migration, trade, and warfare.
- A belief in a single god.
- A religion that developed out of the same period of religious questioning that created Hinduism. Followers seek enlightenment. monotheistic religion
- The historical pattern of the rise, decline, and replacement of dynasties.
5 True/False questions
Heiroglyphics → The belief in many gods.
Polytheism → The belief in many gods.
Cuneiform → A system of writing with wedge shaped symbols, invented by the Sumerians around 3000 BC
Cause/Effect → A system of writing with wedge shaped symbols, invented by the Sumerians around 3000 BC
Code of Hammurabi → A government in which the ruler is viewed as a divine figure; A government controlled by religious figures.