5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Dynastic Cycle
- Early River Valley Civilization
- a A monotheistic religion that had a prophet, named Moses, who led Jews to the "promise land".
- b A collection of religious beliefs that developed slowly over a long period of time. polytheistic religion
- c A government in which the ruler is viewed as a divine figure; A government controlled by religious figures.
- d The historical pattern of the rise, decline, and replacement of dynasties.
- e Two rivers flow from the mountains of Turkey, down to Syria and Iraq, and then to the Persian Gulf. These rivers provided the lifeblood that allowed the formation of farming settlements. This pattern would also occur along other rivers in Africa, India, and China.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The way people view things, and a predisposed opinion for or against something or someone.
- A direct quote from a person who was there vs. a retelling of the events by someone who heard the story.
- The belief in many gods.
- A belief in a single god.
- The spread of ideas, customs, and technology from one people to another. Occured through migration, trade, and warfare.
5 True/False questions
Cause/Effect → A system of writing with wedge shaped symbols, invented by the Sumerians around 3000 BC
Neolithic Revolution → The major change in human life caused by the beginnings of farming; people's shift from food gathering to food producing.
History → Information about earlier times, either written down, or passed from generation to generation orally.
Christianity → Information about earlier times, either written down, or passed from generation to generation orally.
Islam → Information about earlier times, either written down, or passed from generation to generation orally.