5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Code of Hammurabi
- Early River Valley Civilization
- a A government in which power is in the hands of a single person.
- b A monotheistic religion that started with the prophet Muhammed, and spread all over the Middle East. God is known as Allah.
- c The way people view things, and a predisposed opinion for or against something or someone.
- d Two rivers flow from the mountains of Turkey, down to Syria and Iraq, and then to the Persian Gulf. These rivers provided the lifeblood that allowed the formation of farming settlements. This pattern would also occur along other rivers in Africa, India, and China.
- e An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. This reinforced the principle that government had responsibility for what occured in society.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A religion that developed out of the same period of religious questioning that created Hinduism. Followers seek enlightenment. monotheistic religion
- A collection of religious beliefs that developed slowly over a long period of time. polytheistic religion
- A government in which the ruler is viewed as a divine figure; A government controlled by religious figures.
- Information about earlier times, either written down, or passed from generation to generation orally.
- The features of civilization are advanced cities, specialized workers, complex institiutions, record keeping, and advanced technology.
5 True/False questions
Monotheism → The belief in many gods.
Christianity → A monothesistic religion that believes God sent down his only son to Earth to save us all from our sins.
Cause/Effect → The fact that everything that happens will have some kind of event in response.
Cultural Diffusion → A system of writing with wedge shaped symbols, invented by the Sumerians around 3000 BC
Dynastic Cycle → The historical pattern of the rise, decline, and replacement of dynasties.