5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Code of Hammurabi
- Cultural Diffusion
- a The spread of ideas, customs, and technology from one people to another. Occured through migration, trade, and warfare.
- b An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. This reinforced the principle that government had responsibility for what occured in society.
- c The belief in many gods.
- d A monotheistic religion that started with the prophet Muhammed, and spread all over the Middle East. God is known as Allah.
- e The way people view things, and a predisposed opinion for or against something or someone.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A monotheistic religion that had a prophet, named Moses, who led Jews to the "promise land".
- Two rivers flow from the mountains of Turkey, down to Syria and Iraq, and then to the Persian Gulf. These rivers provided the lifeblood that allowed the formation of farming settlements. This pattern would also occur along other rivers in Africa, India, and China.
- A collection of religious beliefs that developed slowly over a long period of time. polytheistic religion
- The major change in human life caused by the beginnings of farming; people's shift from food gathering to food producing.
- The features of civilization are advanced cities, specialized workers, complex institiutions, record keeping, and advanced technology.
5 True/False questions
Buddhism → A religion that developed out of the same period of religious questioning that created Hinduism. Followers seek enlightenment. monotheistic religion
History → A monotheistic religion that started with the prophet Muhammed, and spread all over the Middle East. God is known as Allah.
Heiroglyphics → An ancient Egyptian writing system in which pictures were used to represent ideas and sounds.
Primary and Secondary Sources → A government in which power is in the hands of a single person.
Monarchy → A government in which the ruler is viewed as a divine figure; A government controlled by religious figures.