5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- one time prior to midterm
- discussion of the student's philosophy of nursing is to include the student's definition of nursing (an existing definition can be used as long as it represents the student's own beliefs about nursing and as long as the student references the definition). The student's definition of nursing must be explicitly stated, in one to two sentences (e.g., My definition of nursing is...),
- A minimum final course grade of 75%
- Philosophy of Nursing Paper
- a The course faculty will provide students with written information on his/her progress in this course by posting a grade(s) in the BlackBoard Grade Center for this course at least
- b Philosophy of Nursing Paper is over
- c If a student has more than 20% absences from the course, the student shall be assigned a final course grade of "F". If a student comes to class late, leaves before the end of class, takes an extended break, and/or comes to class unprepared, the student may be marked as absent for that week's class. The course faculty will keep an attendance sheet.
- d 15%
- e in order to pass the course this is the grade you must get
5 Multiple choice questions
- THANKSGIVING BREAK; NO CLASS
- no more than 20% of these from the course. 3 classes
- cannot be discussed via e-mail or telephone;can and will be posted in the BlackBoard Grade Center for this course
- 4.If a student is late for an examination
5 True/False questions
paper → must be typed in APA (6th ed.) format, including the title page, body of the paper, and reference page.
PREREQUISITES → Sophomore standing and minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA requirement or department approval.
cannot exceed two (2) pages → The student has ___ after the grade for Exam 1 and for Exam 2 is posted
in BlackBoard (i.e., the BlackBoard Grade Center for this course) and ___after the grade for the Final Exam is posted in BlackBoard to review the exam with the course faculty, on an individual basis and at a scheduled time, and/or to schedule a review of the exam with the course faculty. After these times, the exam will not be reviewed.
12/14 → Final Exam (8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.)
EKU e-mail address → All university communication sent via e-mail will be sent to the