5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- A minimum final course grade of 75%
- miss exam
- discussion of the student's philosophy of nursing is to include the student's definition of nursing (an existing definition can be used as long as it represents the student's own beliefs about nursing and as long as the student references the definition). The student's definition of nursing must be explicitly stated, in one to two sentences (e.g., My definition of nursing is...),
- a in order to pass the course this is the grade you must get
- b must be typed in APA (6th ed.) format, including the title page, body of the paper, and reference page.
- c 1.The student must communicate with the course faculty prior to missing the assignment or examination.
2. Unexcused, late work will not be accepted and make-up will not be allowed. Work (i.e., assignments and/or final exam) missed due to a documented extenuating circumstance (e.g., student is hospitalized, death in the immediate family) may be allowed to be made up at the discretion of the course faculty.
3. Make-up examinations for Exams 1 & 2 will not be given in this course. If a student must miss Exam 1 or 2, due to a documented extenuating circumstance, the student may be allowed to have their final exam score count for both the missed exam score and the final exam score (i.e., have the final exam score count for 55%, if exam 1 was missed, or 60%, if exam 2 was missed, of the student's final course grade); however, this will be at the discretion of the course faculty and if allowed would be for a maximum of one examination. Missing the final exam, at the scheduled time, may result in failure of the course or, in a documented extenuating circumstance and at the discretion of the course faculty, may result in an incomplete for the course and the examination being taken at a later date and time scheduled by the course faculty.
- d cannot be discussed via e-mail or telephone;can and will be posted in the BlackBoard Grade Center for this course
- e Philosophy of Nursing Paper is over
5 Multiple choice questions
- APA format (6th ed.) & Grammar
- PERMISSION TO TAKE AND/OR REPEAT COURSE is given from
5 True/False questions
cannot exceed two (2) pages → The student has ___ after the grade for Exam 1 and for Exam 2 is posted
in BlackBoard (i.e., the BlackBoard Grade Center for this course) and ___after the grade for the Final Exam is posted in BlackBoard to review the exam with the course faculty, on an individual basis and at a scheduled time, and/or to schedule a review of the exam with the course faculty. After these times, the exam will not be reviewed.
Philosophy of Nursing Paper → the length of the body of the paper. this length excludes the title page and reference page.
EKU e-mail address → cannot be discussed via e-mail or telephone;can and will be posted in the BlackBoard Grade Center for this course
Dr. Ida L. Slusher
240 Rowlett → 10/28/11
absences → If a student has more than 20% absences from the course, the student shall be assigned a final course grade of "F". If a student comes to class late, leaves before the end of class, takes an extended break, and/or comes to class unprepared, the student may be marked as absent for that week's class. The course faculty will keep an attendance sheet.