5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- discussion of the student's philosophy of nursing is to include the student's definition of nursing (an existing definition can be used as long as it represents the student's own beliefs about nursing and as long as the student references the definition). The student's definition of nursing must be explicitly stated, in one to two sentences (e.g., My definition of nursing is...),
- 1 week, 24 hours
- Signing the attendance sheet and/or answering for another student is a form of
- a The student has one week after each grade (excluding the Final Exam and Final Course grades) is posted in BlackBoard to review the grade with the course faculty and/or to request that the course faculty review the grade. After one week, the grade will not be reviewed and will remain as posted. The student has 24 hours to review the Final Exam grade and/or the Final Course grade with the course faculty and/or to request that the course faculty review the grade after the grade is posted in BlackBoard. After 24 hours, the Final Exam grade and the Final Course grade will not be reviewed and will remain as posted. The exam grades will be posted in BlackBoard within 24 hours after the exam is taken, if at all possible, and the Final Course grade will be posted in BlackBoard within 24 hours after the Final Exam is taken, if at all possible.
- b The student has ___ after the grade for Exam 1 and for Exam 2 is posted
in BlackBoard (i.e., the BlackBoard Grade Center for this course) and ___after the grade for the Final Exam is posted in BlackBoard to review the exam with the course faculty, on an individual basis and at a scheduled time, and/or to schedule a review of the exam with the course faculty. After these times, the exam will not be reviewed.
- c academic dishonesty
- d Philosophy of Nursing Paper is over
- e must be typed in APA (6th ed.) format, including the title page, body of the paper, and reference page.
5 Multiple choice questions
- these are not considered professional nursing journals and cannot be used as such
- Exam 2
- this is something that the paper does not require
5 True/False questions
Dr. Ida L. Slusher
240 Rowlett → 10/28/11
60% paper → The body of the paper should have a two to three sentence introduction section, followed by a one (1) to one and a half (1-1½) page discussion section, and then a two to three sentence summary section. The paper must include at least two (2), current (i.e., published within the last five years), professional nursing journal article references* (with content from the article incorporated and referenced within the body of the paper and referenced in the reference list).
attendance → If a student has more than 20% absences from the course, the student shall be assigned a final course grade of "F". If a student comes to class late, leaves before the end of class, takes an extended break, and/or comes to class unprepared, the student may be marked as absent for that week's class. The course faculty will keep an attendance sheet.
A minimum final course grade of 75% → 35%
the BlackBoard site for this course, within Discussion Board: Philosophy of Nursing Paper (the paper must be posted as an attachment within a thread that the student must create), by at least 8:00 a.m. on the date that the paper is due (see the Course Schedule). Additionally, a hard (printed) copy of the paper must be turned in to the course faculty prior to 9:10 a.m. on the date that the paper is due. It is requested that each student bring an additional hard copy of the paper to class on the date that the paper is due for the student's use during class discussion. → The paper must be posted in