L5: Past Perfect
Use the past perfect to rewrite the sentences.
When she got home, he had made dinner.
(1) He made dinner. (2) She got home. (When she...)
When he went to the store, they had already sold out of the textbook.
(1) The store sold out of the textbook. (2) He went to the store. (When he...)
When they left their apartment, it had already started to rain.
(1) It started to rain. (2) They left their apartment. (When they...)
The burglars got in because he hadn't locked his door.
(1) He didn't lock his door. (2) The burglars got in. (The burglars...)
When I got home, my roommate had already eaten the cake.
(1) My roommate ate the cake. (2) I got home. (When I...)
When I got home, my roommate hadn't cleaned the house.
(1) My roommate didn't clean the house. (2) I got home. (When I...)
When we entered the theater, the movie had already started.
(1) The movie started. (2) We entered the theater. (When we...)
The teacher got angry because the students hadn't done their homework.
(1) The students didn't do their homework. (2) The teacher got angry. (The teacher...)
When we got to the airport, the plane had already left.
(1) The plane left. (2) We got to the airport. (When we...)
He got a bad grade on the test because he hadn't studied.
(1) He didn't study. (2). He got a bad grade on the test. (He...bad grade because...)
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Irregular Past Tense Sentences
change sentence to PAST (LW)
Maniac Magee CH 22-26
Grammar Cha. 1 Checkpoint 3
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Cities and Neighborhoods
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
Verb + Preposition
Relative Pronouns Extra
Phrasal Verbs with synonym and translation List 1