5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Distributive Property of Multiplication over Addition
- Algebraic Expression
- Commutative property of multiplication
- a For any number a and b,
a * b= b * a
- b For any numbers a, b, and c, a(b + c) = ab + ac.
For any numbers a, b, and c, (b + c)a = ba +ca
- c When two or more numbers are multiplied to form a product, each number is called this.
- d An expression that contains at least one variable
- e Replace each variable in the expression by a given value and simplify that result.
5 Multiple choice questions
- For any number a, a + 0 = a and 0 + a = a.
- Any number that can be expressed as the ratio of two integers, a/b, where b can not equal zero.
- For each nonzero rational number a, there is one and only one rational number 1/a such that a * 1/a = 1. AKA: reciprocal
- This is a number's distance from zero on a number line. Distance is always positive.
- AKA Subtracting Numbers. For all rational numbers a and b, a - b = a + (-b)
5 True/False questions
Exponential notation → An expression is that is written with exponents.
Multiplicative Property of Zero → For all rational numbers a, b, and c, if a = b, then ac = bc
Multiplication Property of Equality → For all rational numbers a, b, and c, if a = b, then a + c = b + c
Property of additive inverses → For each nonzero rational number a, there is one and only one rational number 1/a such that a * 1/a = 1. AKA: reciprocal
Ratio → This is a mathematical sentence that uses an equal sign to state that two expressions represent the same number or are equivalent.