5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- blank verse
- bronte sisters and charles dickens
- a giving an object human characteristics
- b bryant translated the iliad and the odyssey into ______________.
- c beGIN... 2 syllables, 1st unaccented and 2nd accented
- d writers during the age of romanticism in england
- e practiced law 9 years
5 Multiple choice questions
- first american poet to achieve lasting fame
- bryant was known as the ______ poet
- 2nd novel was 'the spy'
- interRUPT.... 3 syllables, 1st 2 unaccented and 3rd accented
- he married his 13 year old cousin virginia clemm
5 True/False questions
natty bumppo → first american hero created by cooper was __________.
classicism → literature from 1800 to 1840
bryant → america's 'nature poet'
rhymed → he was in literary wars with the Brahmins
bryant → "to him who in the love of nature holds communion with her visible forms, she speaks a various language."