5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- bronte sisters and charles dickens
- new york evening post
- a his stepfather got him into west point. he went AWOL.
- b writers during the age of romanticism in england
- c "he who, form zone to zone, guides through the boundless sky thy certain flight, in the long way that i must tread alone, willl lead my steps aright."
- d bryant was part owner of the ______________ for 49 years
- e people felt sympathy for this man because of his burns from attempting to save his wife in a fire... member of the brahmins
5 Multiple choice questions
- supported andrew jackson
- he wrote for southern literary messenger and was dismissed for drinking
- poetry that contains neither a meter nor rhyme
- pause in a line of poetry for the sake of emphasis
- his final literary work, Eureka, was considered the key to understanding his work
5 True/False questions
poe → first novel was 'precaution' which was not good at all
the pioneers, last of the mohicans, the prairie, the pathfinder, and the deerslayer → writers during the age of classicism in england
jonathan oldstyle → pseudonym used by irving when he wrote for the 'morning chronicle'
poe → poetry that contains neither a meter nor rhyme
brahmins → men of the highest ranking in literature