5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- a he gained infamous fame for "the raven"
- b first american poet to achieve lasting fame
- c first doctor to use anesthesia... member of the brahmins
- d repetition of consanant sounds
5 Multiple choice questions
- "prophet!", said I, "thing of evil- prophet still, if bird or devil!"
- interRUPT.... 3 syllables, 1st 2 unaccented and 3rd accented
- part owner of the new york evening post for 49 years
- his father abandoned his family when he was and infant. his mom died 2 years later of TB
- leatherstocking tales included _______, _____________, __________, __________, and the ___________.
5 True/False questions
bryant → poetry that contains a definate meter but does not rhyme
iambic → BEAUtiful... 3 syllables, 1st accented and 2nd and 3rd unaccented
poe → poetry that contains neither a meter nor rhyme
poe → he saw the brahmins as the dictators of literature
personification → people felt sympathy for this man because of his burns from attempting to save his wife in a fire... member of the brahmins