5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- a used hudson river valley setting and old dutch families as characters
- b useful literature in the 1700s
- c poetry that contains a definate meter but does not rhyme
- d first american poet to achieve lasting fame
5 Multiple choice questions
- wrote the first american short stories
- he was in literary wars with the Brahmins
- poetry that contains a definate meter and rhyme
- "to the glory that was greece and the grandeur that was rome."
- leatherstocking tales included _______, _____________, __________, __________, and the ___________.
5 True/False questions
caesuras → bryant was known as the ______ poet
cooper → wrote the leatherstocking tales
irving → 1st serious essayist
poe → "once upon a midnight dreary, while i pondered, weak and weary."
bryant → 1st serious essayist