5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a first doctor to use anesthesia... member of the brahmins
- b literature from 1800 to 1840
- c people felt sympathy for this man because of his burns from attempting to save his wife in a fire... member of the brahmins
- d he was adopted by john allan of richmond VA
- e allowing something to represent something else
5 Multiple choice questions
- he won a prize for "gold bug"
- what does Thanatopsis mean?
- stories included in 'sketchbook'
- editor of the atlantic monthly... member of the brahmins
- poetry that contains neither a meter nor rhyme
5 True/False questions
dactylic → BEAUtiful... 3 syllables, 1st accented and 2nd and 3rd unaccented
bryant → was responsible for making blank verse popular
poe → 2nd novel was 'the spy'
the pioneers, last of the mohicans, the prairie, the pathfinder, and the deerslayer → leatherstocking tales included _______, _____________, __________, __________, and the ___________.
assonance, alliteration, repetition, single effect, imagery, allusion → poes techniques of writing