5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- the pioneers, last of the mohicans, the prairie, the pathfinder, and the deerslayer
- a leatherstocking tales included _______, _____________, __________, __________, and the ___________.
- b literature from 1800 to 1840
- c men of the highest ranking in literature
- d he attended UVA and was kicked out because of gambling debts
- e beGIN... 2 syllables, 1st unaccented and 2nd accented
5 Multiple choice questions
- supported abolitionists and the emancipation of slaves
- 1st serious essayist
- novel by cooper about the europeans being more civilized than the americans
- translated the iliad and the odyssey into blank verse
- "for poetry, though heavenly born, consorts with poverty and scorn."
5 True/False questions
blank verse → helped organize the republican party
jonathan oldstyle → bryant translated the iliad and the odyssey into ______________.
dactylic → beGIN... 2 syllables, 1st unaccented and 2nd accented
alliteration → repetition of consanant sounds
poe → poetry that contains neither a meter nor rhyme