5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- bronte sisters and charles dickens
- natty bumppo
- a "prophet!", said I, "thing of evil- prophet still, if bird or devil!"
- b writers during the age of romanticism in england
- c bryant was known as the ______ poet
- d opposed annexation of texas and the war with mexico
- e first american hero created by cooper was __________.
5 Multiple choice questions
- "once upon a midnight dreary, while i pondered, weak and weary."
- giving an object human characteristics
- "three fifths of him genius and two fifths sheer fudge." -longfellow
- he was in literary wars with the Brahmins
- father of american poetry
5 True/False questions
bryant → wrote for the newspaper, the morning chronicle
bryant → poetry that contains a definate meter but does not rhyme
thomas jefferson and george washington → writers during the age of romanticism in england
rhymed, blank, free → 3 types of poetry
iambic → wrote 'history of new york' with pseudonym diedrich knickerbocker