5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Bill of Attainder
- Federalist 10
- Grants in Aid
- a Federal funds provided to states for services such as airports , highways, and education.
- b A law that declare a person, without a trial, to be guilty of a crime.
- c Madison's response to controlling factions through the creation of a large republic.
- d The right to declare a federal law unconstitutional by a state. No longer allowed after the Civil War.
- e Ability of one person to get another person to act in accordance with the first person's intentions.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a government in which a system of representation operates through competitive elections.
- Enables voters to reject a measure adopted by the legislature.
- Said that attacks against women are not, and do not substantially affect, interstate commerce. Thus voided the Violence Against Women Act.
- Must bring an accused person in custody before a judge to show sufficient cause for the detention.
- Protects states from lawsuits by citizens of other states or foreign nations.
5 True/False questions
Ex Post Facto Law → Congress shall have the power to "make all laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into execution the foregoing powers.
Federal Republic → a government in which a system of representation operates through competitive elections.
Recall → Voters can remove an elected official from office if enough of signatures are gathered on a petition and then it is brought to a vote.
Declaration of Independence → Addressed the British violations of political liberties that were said to be unalienable.
Federalism → Madison's response to controlling factions through the creation of a large republic.