5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What was the Crimean War significant for?
- What was the effect of WW II on nursing?
- Who accredits Continuing Education (CE) providers?
- Any activity engaged in to earn a living
- Which organization can be joined by only deans and directors of baccalaureate schools of nursing?
- a publicizing what war was really like to a shocked British public
- b American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- c State Boards of Nursing
- d occupation
- e A demand for technically capable workers in new industries, GI bill, and a nursing shortage influenced by the baby boom.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Very few in number (none in FL), producing least amount of graduates. often loosely affiliated with institutions of higher learning, but credits sometimes will not transfer. Most are 27-36 calendar months in length.
- Institutional Licensure
- The protection of the public.....NOT protection of your status!
- Cadet Nurse Corps; during World War II
- the government (especially state boards of nursing)
5 True/False questions
What did Mildred Montag do? → predicted battles over title. Researched nursing shortage and set up demonstration programs in community colleges causing AD programs to grow rapidly.
The rise of the community college system was a result of what? → education money from GI bill, demand for capable workers, and social pressure.
What is the major course difference between an AD & BSN? → schools went from being profitable to becoming major economic liabilities, and diploma programs began to fade
How did the Great Depression effect nursing? → 1. No more private duty nurses due to the lack of funds
2. Closure of many hospital training programs
3. Movement of trained nurses back into hospitals & hospitals now main site of working nurses
Who was the first African American "trained nurse"? → the first Nightingale Training School (St. Thomas hospital in London)