5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- A legal credential issued by the GOVERNMENT that permits you to do something
- Which act required completion of approved training course for CNAs?
- LPNs must work under direct supervision of RN or MD except when working where?
- What was the Crimean War significant for?
- Who was the first American "trained nurse"?
- a license
- b publicizing what war was really like to a shocked British public
- c Linda Richards
- d Omnibus Budget reconciliation Act (OBRA)
- e Nursing home (due to lower complexity of tasks)
5 Multiple choice questions
- Louisa May Alcott & Walt Whitman
- Isabel Hampton Robb
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- rigorous formal education, intellectual not physical, practical, services vital to society, altruistic (public service over financial gain), high degree of autonomy, responsibility, code of ethics, and specialized body of knowledge
- Young Womens Christian Association (100 yrs ago); permissive licensure until the 50s & 60s.
5 True/False questions
What are some of the issues and challenges regarding BSN programs? → expensive (low student: faculty ratio in clinical setting), difficulty finding faculty, and scarcity of clinical sites
What was the Brown Report? → schools went from being profitable to becoming major economic liabilities, and diploma programs began to fade
the individual is uniquely suited- something you do because you are called to do it, not worried about the pay. → Harriett Tubman
What is involved in the Nurse Practice Act? → Establish Board, Defines nursing, gives power to grant licenses, gives power to approve nursing programs, gives power to deny or revoke licenses and to discipline nurses
Which type of Licensure allows nurses to practice in multiple states without obtaining a new license for each state? → Permissive Licensure