5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What did Mary Seacole do during Crimean war?
- What are some impacts/concerns with associated with AD programs?
- Which type of Licensure allows nurses to practice in multiple states without obtaining a new license for each state?
- Which organization can be joined by only deans and directors of baccalaureate schools of nursing?
- Who was the first nursing professional organization president?
- a Multi-State Recognition Licensure (Nurse Licensure Compact)
- b Isabel Hampton Robb
- c purchased own supplies and recruited group of nurses to set up her own hospital to treat British casualties
- d intended to prepare grads for hospital based practice, increases diversity (gender,race,culture), hard to fit into 2 years, selective admissions.
- e American Association of Colleges of Nursing
5 Multiple choice questions
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- 1. No more private duty nurses due to the lack of funds
2. Closure of many hospital training programs
3. Movement of trained nurses back into hospitals & hospitals now main site of working nurses
- During the Korean War
- schools went from being profitable to becoming major economic liabilities, and diploma programs began to fade
- Florence Nightingale
5 True/False questions
Where was the first "real" BSN program? → Many thought nursing was technical and not worthy of being in University. Many thought women didn't need liberal education, and many physicians opposed it.
What are diploma programs like today? → The protection of the public.....NOT protection of your status!
What was the Crimean War significant for? → publicizing what war was really like to a shocked British public
What were the wealthy women who cared for the suck during the early Christian times known as? → Young Womens Christian Association (100 yrs ago); permissive licensure until the 50s & 60s.
Why is nursing often not considered to be a profession? → rigorous formal education, intellectual not physical, practical, services vital to society, altruistic (public service over financial gain), high degree of autonomy, responsibility, code of ethics, and specialized body of knowledge