5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- karma marga
- a a system of exercises practiced as part of the Hindu discipline to promote control of the body and mind
- b the path of works
- c the traditional practice of burning a widow on her husband's funeral pyre
- d wheel of rebirth
- e a system of Hindu philosophy and one approach within Jnana Marga holding that all reality is essentially Brahman
5 Multiple choice questions
- a wandering ascetic who has advanced to the fourth and highest stage of life
- System in India that gives every Indian a particular place in the social hierarchy from birth. Individuals may improve the position they inherit in the caste system in their next life through their actions, or karma. After many lives of good karma, they may be relieved from cycle of life and win their place in heaven.
- A system of Hindu philosophy and one approach within jnana marga, "the path of knowledge," asserting that reality comprises two distinct categories: matter and eternal selves.
- big god
- religious duty and service
5 True/False questions
shudra → a member of the lowest or worker Hindu caste
samadhi → state of deep meditation.
jnana marga → Path of knowledge
bhagavad-gita → Path of devotion
brahmin → priest class