5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- karma marga
- bhakti marga
- a Material success and social prestige, one of the four goals of life
- b Path of devotion
- c A system of Hindu philosophy and one approach within jnana marga, "the path of knowledge," asserting that reality comprises two distinct categories: matter and eternal selves.
- d the path of works
- e state of deep meditation.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The most important work of Indian sacred literature, a dialogue between the great warrior Arjuna and the god Krishna on duty and the fate of the spirit.
- a wandering ascetic who has advanced to the fourth and highest stage of life
- the traditional practice of burning a widow on her husband's funeral pyre
- the manifestation of a Hindu deity (especially Vishnu) in human or superhuman or animal form
5 True/False questions
rig veda → a system of exercises practiced as part of the Hindu discipline to promote control of the body and mind
upanshads → Sacred holy texts
dharma → (Hinduism and Buddhism) the effects of a person's actions that determine his destiny in his next incarnation
samsara → wheel of rebirth
Brahman → big god