5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Sacred holy texts
- b wheel of rebirth
- c The most important work of Indian sacred literature, a dialogue between the great warrior Arjuna and the god Krishna on duty and the fate of the spirit.
- d the manifestation of a Hindu deity (especially Vishnu) in human or superhuman or animal form
- e The third of the four classes of the caste system, made up of producers, such as farmers, merchants, and artisans.
5 Multiple choice questions
- religious duty and service
- (Hinduism and Buddhism) the effects of a person's actions that determine his destiny in his next incarnation
- Material success and social prestige, one of the four goals of life
- a wandering ascetic who has advanced to the fourth and highest stage of life
- Hinduism's oldest sacred text
5 True/False questions
yoga → a system of exercises practiced as part of the Hindu discipline to promote control of the body and mind
caste system → System in India that gives every Indian a particular place in the social hierarchy from birth. Individuals may improve the position they inherit in the caste system in their next life through their actions, or karma. After many lives of good karma, they may be relieved from cycle of life and win their place in heaven.
jnana marga → Path of knowledge
shudra → wheel of rebirth
atman → (Hinduism and Buddhism) the effects of a person's actions that determine his destiny in his next incarnation