5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Water moves from aquatic and land systems to air
- b Microscopic photosynthetic algae, protists, and cyanobacteria that drift near the surface
- c The process of turning light energy from the sun into chemical energy Carbon dioxide + water + sun's energy is converted into sugars and high-quality energy.
Low-quality energy is turned into high-quality energy.
- d The smallest components that maintain the chemical properties of the element
- e All material in the universe that has mass and occupies space
5 Multiple choice questions
- Transitional zones between two ecosystems in which elements of each ecosystem mix
- The amount of time it takes for one-half of the atoms to give off radiation and decay
- Ecosystems, communities, or habitat form the landscape and are distributed in complex patterns (a mosaic)
- Organisms that gain energy by feeding on others.Animals, fungi, microbes A.K.A Consumers
- Atoms of carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen
5 True/False questions
high net primary productivity → Ecosystems whose plants rapidly convert solar energy to biomass
elements → A fundamental type of matter, a chemical substance with a set of properties, which cannot be broken down into substances with other properties, There are 92 in nature and more than 20 others that have been artificially created
starch → An intangible phenomenon that can change the position, physical composition, or temperature of matter
atomic number → Is composed of the air surrounding our planet
hydrosphere → Consists of all the planet's living organisms and the abiotic (nonliving) portions of the environment with which they interact.