5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- nucleic acid
- kinetic energy
- a Directs the production of proteins
- b Regions of DNA that code for proteins that perform certain functions
- c Energy of motion
- d An intangible phenomenon that can change the position, physical composition, or temperature of matter
- e Encompasses all water, salt or fresh, liquid, ice or vapor in the surface bodies, underground, and in the atmosphere
5 Multiple choice questions
- Molecules that promote chemical reactions
- Used by plants to store energy, Animals eat plants to acquire it
- Proteins, nucleic acid and carbohydrates, lipids are not polymers but are also essential to life, they are all large in size
- All material in the universe that has mass and occupies space
- An increasing state of disorder. For example, burning a log of firewood transforms the log from a highly organized product into light and heat energy, gases, smoke, and carbon ash.
5 True/False questions
phytoplankton → Tiny animals that consume phytoplankton
acidic → Solutions have a pH less than 7.
ecotones → Positively charged particles
nutrient cycle → Elements and compounds that organisms consume and require for survival. Stimulate plant production
Lack of nutrients can limit production.
Nitrogen and phosphorus are important for plant and algal growth.
isotopes → Transitional zones between two ecosystems in which elements of each ecosystem mix