5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- net primary production
- a The smallest components that maintain the chemical properties of the element
- b Rate at which autotrophs convert energy to biomass
- c An intangible phenomenon that can change the position, physical composition, or temperature of matter
- d Energy remaining after respiration, used to generate biomass. Available for heterotrophs
- e A fundamental type of matter, a chemical substance with a set of properties, which cannot be broken down into substances with other properties, There are 92 in nature and more than 20 others that have been artificially created
5 Multiple choice questions
- Output that results from a system moving in one direction acts as input that moves the system in the other direction. Input/Output neutralize each others effects, stabilizing the system
- A chemically diverse group of compounds grouped together because they don't dissolve in water Energy, cell membranes, structural support, and hormones
- Is a network or relationships among components that interact with and influence one another through the exchange of energy, matter or information
- Potential energy held in the bonds between atoms. Potential energy is changed into kinetic energy to produce motion, action, and heat.
- Where nutrients remain for varying amounts of time
5 True/False questions
atmosphere → Consists of all the planet's living organisms and the abiotic (nonliving) portions of the environment with which they interact.
DNA and RNA → All material in the universe that has mass and occupies space
flux → Movement of nutrients among pools. Can change over time.
organic compounds → Lack carbon-carbon bonds
potential energy → Energy of motion