5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- atomic number
- landscape ecology
- a The smallest components that maintain the chemical properties of the element
- b Ecosystems, communities, or habitat form the landscape and are distributed in complex patterns (a mosaic)
- c The study of how landscape structure affects the abundance, distribution, and interaction of organisms
- d Molecules that promote chemical reactions
- e Atoms of each element that have a defined number of protons
5 Multiple choice questions
- Movement of nutrients among pools. Can change over time.
- The process of turning light energy from the sun into chemical energy Carbon dioxide + water + sun's energy is converted into sugars and high-quality energy.
Low-quality energy is turned into high-quality energy.
- Solutions have a pH greater than 7.
- Water moves from aquatic and land systems to air
- Output that results from a system moving in one direction acts as input that moves the system in the other direction. Input/Output neutralize each others effects, stabilizing the system
5 True/False questions
zooplankton → Where nutrients remain for varying amounts of time
protons → Long chains of organic molecules called amino acids
solution → No chemical bonding, but is a mixture of substances (i.e., blood, ocean water)
genes → Regions of DNA that code for proteins that perform certain functions
starch → Used by plants to store energy, Animals eat plants to acquire it