5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a The smallest components that maintain the chemical properties of the element
- b Rate at which autotrophs convert energy to biomass
- c No chemical bonding, but is a mixture of substances (i.e., blood, ocean water)
- d Organic compounds that combine to form long chains of repeated molecules, building blocks of life
- e Proteins, nucleic acid and carbohydrates, lipids are not polymers but are also essential to life, they are all large in size
5 Multiple choice questions
- The basic unit of life's organization
- An increasing state of disorder. For example, burning a log of firewood transforms the log from a highly organized product into light and heat energy, gases, smoke, and carbon ash.
- Solutions have a pH less than 7.
- Consists of all the planet's living organisms and the abiotic (nonliving) portions of the environment with which they interact.
- Release of water vapor by plants
5 True/False questions
pools → The smallest components that maintain the chemical properties of the element
kinetic energy → Energy of motion
matter → Regions of DNA that code for proteins that perform certain functions
half life → Solutions have a pH greater than 7.
negative feedback loop → Rather than stabilizing a system, they drive it further toward an extreme. E.g. Can occur with the process of erosion, the removal of soil by water or wind.