6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- brain and spinal cord
- the division of the peripheral nervous system that controls the body's skeletal muscles. Also called the skeletal nervous system
- The plasma membrane of the axon
- Sensory division neurons are ~ and conduct action potentials ~ the CNS
- Neurons with two cytoplasmic extensions (one serves as axon and the other as dendrite) are classified as ~ and are found in the retina, nasal cavity, and inner ear.
- Neurons with only one cytoplasmic process attached to the cell body are classified as ~ and are the most common type of sensory neuron.
5 True/False questions
axon → long nerve fiber that conducts away from the cell body of the neuron
Nissl bodies → Another name for ER
viscera → The internal organs of the body (organs of the respiratory, digestive, cardiovascular, endocrine, urinary, and reproductive systems)
efferent, away → Motor division neurons are ~ and conduct action potentials ~ from the CNS
axon hillock → The plasma membrane of the axon