6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- The plasma membrane of the axon
- The internal organs of the body (organs of the respiratory, digestive, cardiovascular, endocrine, urinary, and reproductive systems)
- specialized region of the axon, which connects the inital segment of the axon to the cell body
- nerves that control involuntary body functions of muscles, glands, and internal organs
- Another name for ER
- long nerve fiber that conducts away from the cell body of the neuron
5 True/False questions
interneurons → the bushy, branching extensions of a neuron that receive messages and conduct impulses toward the cell body
central nervous system → brain and spinal cord
bipolar → Neurons with two cytoplasmic extensions (one serves as axon and the other as dendrite) are classified as ~ and are found in the retina, nasal cavity, and inner ear.
afferent, towards → Sensory division neurons are ~ and conduct action potentials ~ the CNS
unipolar → Neurons with only one cytoplasmic process attached to the cell body are classified as ~ and are the most common type of sensory neuron.