6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Neurons with two cytoplasmic extensions (one serves as axon and the other as dendrite) are classified as ~ and are found in the retina, nasal cavity, and inner ear.
- Neurons with only one cytoplasmic process attached to the cell body are classified as ~ and are the most common type of sensory neuron.
- The internal organs of the body (organs of the respiratory, digestive, cardiovascular, endocrine, urinary, and reproductive systems)
- Sensory division neurons are ~ and conduct action potentials ~ the CNS
- the bushy, branching extensions of a neuron that receive messages and conduct impulses toward the cell body
- Motor division neurons are ~ and conduct action potentials ~ from the CNS
5 True/False questions
interneurons → CNS neurons that internally communicate and intervene b/w sensory inputs and motor outputs
central nervous system → the division of the peripheral nervous system that controls the body's skeletal muscles. Also called the skeletal nervous system
Nissl bodies → Neurons with only one cytoplasmic process attached to the cell body are classified as ~ and are the most common type of sensory neuron.
axon hillock → specialized region of the axon, which connects the inital segment of the axon to the cell body
somatic nervous system → nerves that control involuntary body functions of muscles, glands, and internal organs