6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- distal tips of axon; stores and release neurotransmitters that passes info over to next neuron
- the bushy, branching extensions of a neuron that receive messages and conduct impulses toward the cell body
- Sensory division neurons are ~ and conduct action potentials ~ the CNS
- nerves that control involuntary body functions of muscles, glands, and internal organs
- Another name for ER
- Neurons with only one cytoplasmic process attached to the cell body are classified as ~ and are the most common type of sensory neuron.
5 True/False questions
axon → The plasma membrane of the axon
central nervous system → brain and spinal cord
collateral branches → The dendritic branches that allow neurons to communicate with multiple cells at once.
viscera → The internal organs of the body (organs of the respiratory, digestive, cardiovascular, endocrine, urinary, and reproductive systems)
somatic nervous system → nerves that control involuntary body functions of muscles, glands, and internal organs