5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Producer royalties
- 360 deal
- distribution methods
- mid level artist
- a 3 to 4% of wholesale
- b wholesale, one-stop, rack jobbers, licensees
- c album sales 250K-500K, new artist being chased
- d sales increasing 1 million
- e a contract where label takes a percentage of artist earning from all or most of the artist income. 10-35% of artist net income.
5 Multiple choice questions
- buy from manufacturing co. & sell to reatil stores.
- label gets 65-70 cents per downlaod & artist gets their royalty (EX: 10% 7 cents)
- responsible for dealing with the newer aspects of the industry
- sum of money pd to an artist by the record label.
5 True/False questions
Who doesn't need a label → niche artist
Finance department → compute and pay royalties, track labels income and expense
new artist → the amount of unrecouped monies
gold album → dot or star next to a records number on a major trade
product managment → gets all departments to work together to push an artits album. coordination.