5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Royalty Deductions
- midlevel royalties
- new artist
- new artis royaties
- a Artists & Repertoire department in charge of finding talent
- b sales less than 100,000, had a record deal but lsot it, never had a record deal
- c Free Goods, Reserves, Packaging, Net Sales
- d 13% to 16% of wholesale
- e 15% to 17% wholesale
5 Multiple choice questions
- a contract where label takes a percentage of artist earning from all or most of the artist income. 10-35% of artist net income.
- sam phillips, rick rubin, brian eno, george martin
- takes care of all the art work. album covers, advertisements, store displays.
- lease floor space in box stores
- to increase royalties at certain sales levels
5 True/False questions
Finance department → takes care of all the art work. album covers, advertisements, store displays.
album cover artwork → consultation-label will disucss with artist. Approval-artist must approve. right to create-artist can create their own artwork.
mixing → process of cutting out the undesired parts & splicing in the desired parts
All In Royalties → 15% to 17% wholesale
basic royalty → artist is responsible for paying producer and miser out of his record royalties