5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- album cover artwork
- mid level artist
- basic royalty
- a album sales 250K-500K, new artist being chased
- b Artists & Repertoire department in charge of finding talent
- c measures record sales
- d artist based on wholesale
- e consultation-label will disucss with artist. Approval-artist must approve. right to create-artist can create their own artwork.
5 Multiple choice questions
- % of royalties held back for possible returned records
- the process of keeping artist royalty monies to pay back an advance
- contracts, negotiates, makes decisions
- Free Goods, Reserves, Packaging, Net Sales
- studio albums, recorded during term, mechanical licensing
5 True/False questions
Producer royalties record 1 → producer is paid on sales after recoupment of recording, calculated form artists all in rate
guaranteed release clause → % of royalties held back for possible returned records
art department → a contract where label takes a percentage of artist earning from all or most of the artist income. 10-35% of artist net income.
greatest hits advance → sum of money pd to an artist by the record label.
multi track → collection of separate tracks